Tantalise your tongue with this amazing Indo-Chinese Punjabi vegetarian dish…. So easy and so so so flavorful! ❤
- 500 gms paneer (cut into chunks)
- 1 egg + 3 tbspns corn flour /2 tbspns flour and water batter (to fry paneer)
- Red chilli powder
- 1 tspn garlic paste
- Oil for deep frying
FOR STIR FRY
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- ½ green capsicum cut into chunks
- ½ red capsicum cut into chunks
- 3 small green chillies (cut into slices)
- 2 tbspns tomato paste (not ketcup)
- ½ cup chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tspn ginger and garlic paste
- 2 curry leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- A generous pinch of Chinese salt/ Ajinomoto
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- ½ tspn cumin seeds
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- A splash of lemon juice
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 2 tbspns spring onions (green part, chopped)
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander (chopped)
- 4- 5 tbspns oil for cooking
- If you are pure vegetarian then make a batter of cool water and flour, add salt, red chillies and garlic paste. Apply it on the paneer chunks and fry like pakoras.
- And if you are non-vegetarian, make a batter of egg, corn flour, salt, red chillies and garlic paste. Apply it on the paneer chunks and fry like battered fish.
- Keep aside until further needed.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and onion chunks for 1 minute or until they get a light colour. Add tomato paste, chilli garlic sauce and all the other seasonings, soy sauce and curry leaves and mix on high heat for a minute and reduce flame.
- Add capsicums and green chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add fried battered paneer and spring onion and again cook it on high flame for 1 minute adding a splash of lemon juice with constant stirring so all the sides cook equally and it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot with boiled or steamed rice and sprinkle some coriander.
This recipe is for a very healthy yet delicious burger, the creamy avocado plays the role of mayo or other sauces, the cool cucumber dip gives it a very cecik taste, tomato and lettuce adds freshness and beauty and the very well seasoned, juicy meat patty takes it to another level of awesomeness. I used mince meat patty and not the fillet because I am not a big fan of grilled fillet in the burger until it is charcoal grilled plus sometimes it tastes a bit dry. So mincemeat patty keeps it juicy and moist and you can season it to perfection by mixing everything in.
I bet, you try it once, you will crave for more…. When I thought of this recipe I thought it would not be as tasty as burgers we normally have, loaded with heavy sauces, fatty patties and dressings but when I took the first bite it was YUMMM… better than other greasy burgers. So what you waiting for? switch on your burger cravings to this healthy version now 🙂
- 500 gms turkey mince/ chicken mince (breast & thigh mix)
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- Chicken salt
- A pinch of mustard powder
- 1 tspn chilli flakes (Optional)
- 4 tbspns oil for frying
- 4 rolls of your choice (wholemeal/ white/ seeded/ multigrain)
- 2 tbspns softened butter
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 8 tomato slices
- 4- 8 leaf lettuce
- 4 coon cheese
- 2 tbspns greek yogurt (low fat)
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- A pinch of dill
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for patty and gently mix but do not over mix as it will become hard. TIP: Add egg at the end and just fold it in with soft hands. After 10 minutes divide the mince into 4 equal parts, forming into patties. The mixture might be a bit sticky but that’s what we want, that sticky will keep it moist.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients given for cucumber dip and mix.
- Wash, dry and cut and prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat oil and fry each patty for 2 minutes per side on medium flame. When flipping the first side, put a slice of cheese on the top and let the other side (raw side) cook and the cheese melt.
- Meanwhile, cut the rolls in half and apply some butter on both the sides and toast on the griddle. On the heal (bottom) part place some avocado, tomato and lettuce and then put the freshly grilled patty with bubbly melting cheese on it, followed by cucumber dip and the crown (top part of the bun).
- Serve with sweet potato fries or wedges.
Say Hello to Summer with this beautiful recipe….
No bake ❤
perfect for your get togethers, BBQs or birthdays.
- 500 gms cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 package unflavoured gelatin (dissolved in 100 ml hot water)(cooled down)
- 200 ml chillied whipping cream
- 2 cups mango puree (recipe below)
- 200 gms graham crackers (crushed)
- 100 gms melted butter
- ½ cup macadamias
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbspns brown sugar
- 4 Kensington Pride mangoes/ any mango of your choice, (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 100 gms white chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 2 mangoes (sliced thinly)
- 2 cups whipped cream (unsweetened)
- In a food processor crush graham crackers & macadamias to crumbs and add sugar and desiccated coconut and mix. Add melted butter and mix more until it looks like wet sand. Spray the bottom of springform pan and press this mixture in the springform pan to make the crust of the cheesecake. Refrigerate until needed.
- For mango puree put all the ingredients given above in the blender and mix well until its smooth.
- In a deep mixing bowl, use the electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese. When it is soft add cream and whip well. Now add mango puree and mix again and at the end mix in gelatine mixture as well. We put gelatine at the end so it mixes into the mixture uniformly.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared base and refrigerate overnight or for 24 hours for good results.
- When its set, run a knife thru the edges and take it out onto your serving plate. Decorate with some mango slices or chunks and some whipped cream. Serve.
This recipe if for yummy, creamy, mustardy and oniony potato salad. The flavours added to this potato salad makes it comfortable with all kind of grilled meat/ BBQ or fried steaks or if you have an open salad bar for your guests, this is a great addition. Very simple and easy to follow recipe is below…..
- 3 large potatoes (cut into big chunks)
- 1 cup full cream sour cream
- 2 tbspns mayonnaise
- Some cracked black pepper
- A pinch of chicken salt
- A generous pinch of table salt
- 2 green onions (green part chopped)
- 1 tspn fresh chives (chopped)
- A pinch of dill
- ¼ tspn mustard powder
- 1 tbspn mustard
- Peel and cut potatoes into big chunks and put them in cold water with some salt. Boil until the potato is done but still in shape which is 98% done.
- Drain the water and put the potatoes in colander to remove all the excess water and cool down.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for dressing and whisk.
- Add potatoes and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for 1 hours.
- Serve with grilled meat or schnitzels.
I love soups, specially Asian inspired, not a big fan of vegetable puree soups. Chicken corn soup, Cream of chicken, Cream of Mushrooms, 19B, Thai soup, Wonton Soup, Tom Yum & Hot n Sour are my top favorite and luckily in Melbourne I find all of them and I know how to make them all at home as well which never makes me feel Soup Deprived 😀 . No matter its hot or cold, I can eat soup in any weather, in any season with same love. My love for soup is endless 😀 😀 😀 😀 Alrighty, enough of my love for soup. I will tell you about this soup, It is not Chinese authentically, but it is Chinese inspired Pakistani Soup, available at all Chinese food outlets and very famous in Pakistani Home cooking.
Very ideal for weight loss and keeps you full for longer.
so…..People on that side of the world! have a great winter 😀
- 1 chicken breast
- 12 cups water
- 2 carrots (julienne or chopped)
- 2 cups cabbage finely sliced
- 10 champignons (tin mushrooms) (optional)
- ½ cup spring onion (green part) (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn Chinese salt (Ajinomoto)
- 1 tbspn black pepper
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup corn flour slurry (4 tbspns corn flour in ½ cup of water)
- 2 beaten eggs
- Boil chicken in 12 cups of water with salt, pepper and Chinese salt. Take out the chicken and keep the stock boiling on low flame.
- Shred the chicken with your hands when it cools down and add it back to the stock. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the veggies and boil for 2 minutes and add the sauces.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add the corn flour slurry with constant stirring to thicken the soup.
- Now add beaten eggs with constant stirring otherwise it will make one giant egg in the soup.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Adjust the salt, pepper and sourness of the soup by adding everything to your desire.
- Serve hot.