This recipe is for a very healthy yet delicious burger, the creamy avocado plays the role of mayo or other sauces, the cool cucumber dip gives it a very cecik taste, tomato and lettuce adds freshness and beauty and the very well seasoned, juicy meat patty takes it to another level of awesomeness. I used mince meat patty and not the fillet because I am not a big fan of grilled fillet in the burger until it is charcoal grilled plus sometimes it tastes a bit dry. So mincemeat patty keeps it juicy and moist and you can season it to perfection by mixing everything in.
I bet, you try it once, you will crave for more…. When I thought of this recipe I thought it would not be as tasty as burgers we normally have, loaded with heavy sauces, fatty patties and dressings but when I took the first bite it was YUMMM… better than other greasy burgers. So what you waiting for? switch on your burger cravings to this healthy version now 🙂
- 500 gms turkey mince/ chicken mince (breast & thigh mix)
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- Chicken salt
- A pinch of mustard powder
- 1 tspn chilli flakes (Optional)
- 4 tbspns oil for frying
- 4 rolls of your choice (wholemeal/ white/ seeded/ multigrain)
- 2 tbspns softened butter
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 8 tomato slices
- 4- 8 leaf lettuce
- 4 coon cheese
- 2 tbspns greek yogurt (low fat)
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- A pinch of dill
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for patty and gently mix but do not over mix as it will become hard. TIP: Add egg at the end and just fold it in with soft hands. After 10 minutes divide the mince into 4 equal parts, forming into patties. The mixture might be a bit sticky but that’s what we want, that sticky will keep it moist.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients given for cucumber dip and mix.
- Wash, dry and cut and prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat oil and fry each patty for 2 minutes per side on medium flame. When flipping the first side, put a slice of cheese on the top and let the other side (raw side) cook and the cheese melt.
- Meanwhile, cut the rolls in half and apply some butter on both the sides and toast on the griddle. On the heal (bottom) part place some avocado, tomato and lettuce and then put the freshly grilled patty with bubbly melting cheese on it, followed by cucumber dip and the crown (top part of the bun).
- Serve with sweet potato fries or wedges.