One of my favorite breakfasts ………….
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups meda
- Some water for kneading the dough
- Some oil/ghee / butter for frying parathas
- 1 large size white radish (peeled and grated)
- Red chilli flakes
- 1 tspn chaat masala
- 6 tbspns coriander chopped
- 4 tbspns green chillies chopped
- 1 tspn chopped mint (good for digestion)
- ¼ tspn carom seeds (ajvain)
- 1 tbspn cracked coriander
- 1 tspn cumin seeds (zeera)
- 1 tspn garam masala
- ½ tspn turmeric
-In a mixing bowl, combine plain flour & wheat flour and add knead into a soft dough by adding water gradually. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
-Now make small balls of dough, 2 per paratha.
-Roll them flat with a rolling pin into a saucer size chapatti.
-Place 1 ½ – 2 tbspns of radish filling on one chapatti and cover it with the other one. Press the edges to seal.
-Flat with your palm and fingers and then use a rolling pin to plat the edges.
-Place the parathas on a hot griddle. After 15 secs or when it looks like it is half cooked flip the side and apply some oil. I use spoon to apply oil.
-Then flip the side and apply oil to the other side. Cook from both the sides until both are brown and good.
-Do the same with remaining dough and filling.
-Serve hot with anda, yogurt and achar.