My very own creation ❤
Loved by me
Loved by others
A hit on the table 🙂
- 1 large chocolate swiss roll (available at Coles) or Unfilled Chocolate sponge sheet
- 1 litre thick chocolate custard (I use St. Pauls, but you can make it from scratch if you like so)
- 1 175gm original oreo pack (crushed)
- 600 ml chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup vanilla custard
- 2 cups mini oreos to decorate
- Prepare everything before layering
- Crush the oreos in the food processor or by bashing them in a zip lock bag with the rolling pin.
- Whip the cream. Make sure its super chilled before you whip it.
- Cut the swiss roll in 1 inch thick slices.
- In a deep clear serving bowl (trifle bowl), lay a thick layer of chocolate custard, then swiss roll slices, vanilla custard, half of the whipped cream, crushed oreos, rest of the cake and rest of the chocolate custard. Let it set for 5 minutes and then lay a final layer of whipped cream and decorate with some mini oreos.
- Let it cool and set for 6 hours or more in the fridge and serve.
Chicken francaise is a very popular American – Italian dish which is available in nearly all the cafes and restaurants in America. In general it is very difficult and boring to eat chicken breast but in this dish I like the subtle lemony sauce over crumbed, soft and succulent chicken breast. Give it a try and I am sure you will love it….
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into butterfly cut) (small size)
- Salt & cracked pepper
FOR COATING 1
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbspn corn flour
- Some chicken salt to season
FOR EGG COATING
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 4 tbspns finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbspns chopped parsley
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 cup chicken stalk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbspns chopped parsley
- Cut the chicken breast into butterfly cut or just in two fillets and season with some salt and pepper. Put each piece in the zip lock bag and pound with the meat hammer until thin and flat.
- Take some flour on a shallow plate and season with some chicken salt, and prepare the egg mixture in a shallow plate by mixing everything.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Take one chicken breast, roll it in flour and then shake off the access and dip it in egg mixture and fry on medium heat for 3 minutes per side.
- Do the same with all the chicken pieces and then in the same pan add the chicken stalk and lemon juice and let it simmer to half. Add parsley and butter. When the sauce begins to get thick add the fried chicken and cook 1 minute per side so the sauce penetrates in the chicken.
- Serve hot with pouring the extra sauce on top of the chicken.
Cream Kebabs is the recipe of one of my besties, she makes them the best so I stole her recipe and sharing with you people here 😀
- 500 gms chicken mince (mix of breast and thigh meat)
- 1 small onion
- 5 – 6 green chillies
- A bunch of coriander
- 1 tbspn ginger garlic paste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Red chilli flakes
- ½ tspn cracked black pepper
- 1 tbspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn cumin powder
- ¼ tspn meat tenderizer
- 1 tspn garam masala
- ½ tspn fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbspn roasted gram flour
FOR CREAM GLAZE
- 5 tbspns cream
- 1 tspn garlic paste
- Chop onion, green chillies and coriander in food processor and add it to the mincemeat. Add all the spices as well and mix well with hands. Give a pulse in food processor for 5 seconds and keep aside for 10 minutes for resting.
- Grease your hands and shape the meat in seekh kebabs by either rolling it on the skewer or back of the spoon. Heat oil in frying pan and shallow fry the kebabs just to give a shape (half cook).
- In a separate pan saute garlic paste with no oil and add cream. Now gently transfer half cooked kebabs to this cream mixture and let it cook for 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Temper it with coal and serve hot.
Mango Trifle is my very own recipe to celebrate Summer and the king of Fruits “MANGO” ❤
- 1.5 ltr. Full cream milk (1 cup reserved)
- 4 tbspns mango custard powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 unfilled sponge
- ½ cup mango nectar
- 2 cups mangoes (diced)
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 mango jello (set)
- 2 mangoes cut into cubes or thin slices
- 1 cup whipped cream
- For custard I use Rafhan (Pakistani brand) custard powder in mango flavor. Boil 1 cup less 1.5 litre milk in a non-stick pan. Dissolve custard powder in that reserved one cup of milk and gradually add it to the boiling milk with gentle constant stirring followed by sugar.
- Cook on low heat until it is thick and sugar is dissolved. Keep aside to bring it to room temperature.
- Meanwhile cut the fruit, whip the cream and set the jello.
- In your trifle bowl put two big spoonsful of custard and then one sheet of unfilled sponge. Now damp the sponge with mango nectar using a pastry brush. Then a layer of custard, cut up mangoes, diced jello, whipped cream and then another layer of unfilled sponge.
- Damp that layer of sponge with mango nectar as well and then a final layer of custard.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until everything is set.
- Now whip some cream to stiff peaks and cut some mango to decorate the top pf trifle.
- Decorate as you like and chill for another hour if you have to otherwise serve.
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of favorite pastas. I don’t make it with wine but use extra beef broth instead. The art of this sauce is that it is simmered over low heat for atleast 4 hours until all the flavours and all the seasonings melt in. Super LOVE ❤
- 500 gms spaghetti (al dente)
- 500 gms beef mice
- 2 tbspns minced garlic
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 250 gms button mushrooms (chopped) (optional)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 celery stick (chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500 ml passata
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tbspn brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbspns chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbspns chopped parsley
- 1 tbspn chopped thyme
- 1 tspn oregano
- Heat oil and add onion, fry until translucent and add garlic. Stir fry for a minute and add beef mince. Break the beef mince with the spoon and stir fry until it starts changing the color. Add all the veggies, herbs and spices and mix.
- After 5 minutes, add beef broth and passata and cook covered on low heat for 4 hours until all the flavors melt and mix in it and the sauce reduce.
- After 4 hours of simmering, serve hot with boiled spaghetti. Either mix the sauce in the pasta or over the pasta and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.
Mango mousse is one of my favorite summer desserts. King of summer fruits, chilled cream and sweetness of condensed milk….. it is like summer in a cup. Follow this easy recipe and make your next BBQ party great!
- 2 ½ cups mango pulp (fresh)
- 600 ml heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 2 sachets of gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup warm water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Put hand mixer attachments and a mixing bowl in freezer for 30 mins before whipping the cream.
- In a blender combine mango pulp, condensed milk and gelatin and make puree.
- Now whip the cream to stiff peaks and gently fold in the mango pulp until everything is uniform.
- Put it in your desired serving bowls and chill for 6 hours.