Chicken and cottage cheese samosas are one of my favorites. The crispy spring roll sheet is filled with mild chicken and cottage cheese filling, seasoned to perfection and loaded with flavor. Once you make this, I am sure you will be addicted to these babies ❤ and they are going to be a big hit on you Hi Tea parties.
- 24 samosa sheets
- Oil for frying
- Flour and water slurry to seal the edges
- 1 chicken breast, large size, boiled and hand shredded
- 0.5 kg cottage cheese, grated
- 3 to 4 green chillies, chopped fine (optional)
- 3 spring onion, chopped fine (only the green part)
- Some salt and cracked black pepper to season
- 1 tspn mustard sauce
- Some white pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for filling in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Make cone tyoe shape of the samosa sheet and fill it with 1 to 1.5 tbspn of the filling and seaal the edges with slurry.
- Make all the samosas and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Heat oil for 190 degrees celsius and fry samosas in batches depending on the size of your fryer.
- Serve hot with ketchup or ranch.
Quarter Pounder with Cheese is McDonalds trademark burger. Sometimes you don’t feel like going out just for a burger so here is the recipe for that lazy lousy time …….
- 2 sesame buns (divided) (toasted or steamed) (TOASTED: on griddle/ hot grill or hot frying pan and STEAMED: in microwave for 25 secs per bun)
- 8 dill cucumber slices (when you search for gherkins or pickles in a grocery store, you mostly get sweet spiced pickles, they are NOT the ones we are looking for. On the same shelf you can find dill cucumbers (whole cucumbers). That’s what we are looking for over here)
- 1 brown onion sliced
- Some ketchup
- Some mustard sauce
- 4 processed cheese slices (we don’t get orange colour cheese in Australia; maybe in US u can but there is no such difference in the taste of orange cheese and normal cheese. You can use Krafts or any other famous brand)
- 250 gms beef mince (processed without any seasoning in a food processor)
- Some salt and pepper
-For meat patties, process beef mince in food processor and then on a baking sheet/ parchment paper/ butter paper/ baking paper/ wax sheet put 2 balls of this meat and with oiled hands spread and make round patties a little bit bigger than your bun in diameter because mincemeat have tendency to shrink when cooked/ grilled.
-Freeze them for 30 minutes.
-Heat your non-stick grill and cook the meat. Season each side with salt and pepper and grill each side for 1 minute.
-Make sure your burger is dressed when the meat is ready to enjoy hot and fresh burger.
-Bun have two parts, the head part with sesame seed is the “crown” and the bottom base part is the “heal” . Now on the heal put one slice of cheese and on the crown drizzle some tomato ketchup and some mustard sauce, place some onion, 4 pickles (per burger) and then another slice of cheese.
-Now place the fresh hot meat patty rite from the grill onto your cheese slice on the heal and cover with the crown. So the sequence is burger heal (base), cheese slice, meat, cheese slice, onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup and top of the bun (crown).
-Repeat the same process with the other bun.
-Serve hot with chips.
One of my favo starter….. You can make it on your pizza and pasta party as an appetizer or as finger food on your weekend parties…….. it goes great with everythin and believe me your guests will love it ……
- 250 gms cream cheese ( a little bit colder than room temperature)
- 250 gms finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 – 4 fresh jalapenos (deseeded and chopped) (if using marinated or preserved jalapenos, keep them out in a strainer for about 1 hr before chopping and adding to your mix)
- 1 cup flour seasoned with some dried chives
- 2 beaten eggs
- Canola oil for deep frying
- 1 cup bread crumbs seasoned with some chicken salt
-With a spatula/ fork or masher cream the cream cheese.
-Mix cream cheese & cheddar cheese with diced jalapeno.
-Roll small spoonfuls of the mixture into balls and dredge in flour, then dip in either lightly beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs and fry in oil until golden brown.
-Take them out and serve.
This is my dad’s recipe. I just tried it and it turned out awesome, do try this and start your day with a perfect treat …..
- 1 chicken breast/ thigh/ schnitzel/ 250 gms boneless chicken (sliced/ diced)
- 3 tbspns soy sauce
- 2 tbspns chilli sauce or hot sauce
- Some salt
- Some coarsely milled black pepper
- A pinch of white pepper
- A pinch of paprika
- ½ tspn garlic paste
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Some salt to season
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tbspns capsicum salsa
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 capsicum chopped
- Some canned champignons chopped
- A scoop butter/ 4 tbspns olive oil
- Some cheddar cheese
- Some oregano
-Marinate chicken in all the ingredients given for chicken for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile cut all the vegetables and combine and whisk eggs, milk and salt in mixing bowl.
-In a frying pan heat oil and fry chicken. When it begins to change its colour, add salsa sauce, and all the other vegetables. Reserve some capsicum for topping.
-Cook and cook covered until the tomatoes lose their stiffness. Now add eggs and let the mixture settle for about a minute. Now gradually mix. When the eggs are cooked and little bit runny, transfer them to a circular baking pan (spring form pan, preferred).
-Top it with some cheese, oregano and capsicum and bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) until the cheese is melted and a bit golden in color.
-Take it out and let it rest for about 2 minutes. Remove the spring of the pan and serve hot with toasted multi grain bread.
Vegetable scrambled egg with cheese is a complete breakfast …
- 4 eggs slightly salted and well beaten
- Some green chillies and red chillies chopped
- Some chopped capsicum
- some chopped onion
- 3 tbspns shredded tasty cheddar cheese
- Some chopped green onions
- A dash of chopped coriander
- Some cracked black pepper
- Some shopped mint leaves
- Some chopped button mushrooms
- 4 tbspns olive oil
-Heat oil in a skillet and fry mushrooms and onions in it. When onions become slightly translucent add other vegetables and eggs.
-When egg starts turning white add shredded cheese and cracked black pepper and stir the mixture. Keep stirring until it gets cooked and scrambled.
-Take out in a plate with some toasted multi grain bread and serve hot with juice or tea.
Cheese sandwich with tomato and cucumber is a fresh and healthy sandwich …
- 4 fresh bread slices
- 2 processed cheese slices
- 1 cucumber sliced thinly
- 1 tomato sliced thinly
-On one side of the bread slice place a slice of cheese. Layer with vegetables and place the other bread slice on the top.
-Cut diagonally and serve.
Fresh and healthy sandwich is ready.
-Use fresh slices.
This will serve 2 persons easily.
Margherita Pizza is ideal For cheese lovers, it is awesome …
- One thin crust pizza base
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tspn oregano
- 6 tbspns pizza sauce/ chunky tomato sauce/ traditional pasta sauce
-Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius For 20 minutes before baking.
-Prepare a pizza base and apply some olive oil on its sides.
-Spread pizza sauce all over and sprinkle mozzarella cheese too. Top it with a little bit of oregano and bake on the middle rack, in a preheated oven For 10 – 20 minutes on 190 degrees Celsius.
-Take it out and let it settle, slice and serve.
Simple yet tasty Margherita is ready to be served.
-This is ideal For thin crust pizza lovers.
This will serve 2 – 4 persons easily.