This recipe is for a very healthy yet delicious burger, the creamy avocado plays the role of mayo or other sauces, the cool cucumber dip gives it a very cecik taste, tomato and lettuce adds freshness and beauty and the very well seasoned, juicy meat patty takes it to another level of awesomeness. I used mince meat patty and not the fillet because I am not a big fan of grilled fillet in the burger until it is charcoal grilled plus sometimes it tastes a bit dry. So mincemeat patty keeps it juicy and moist and you can season it to perfection by mixing everything in.
I bet, you try it once, you will crave for more…. When I thought of this recipe I thought it would not be as tasty as burgers we normally have, loaded with heavy sauces, fatty patties and dressings but when I took the first bite it was YUMMM… better than other greasy burgers. So what you waiting for? switch on your burger cravings to this healthy version now 🙂
- 500 gms turkey mince/ chicken mince (breast & thigh mix)
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- Chicken salt
- A pinch of mustard powder
- 1 tspn chilli flakes (Optional)
- 4 tbspns oil for frying
- 4 rolls of your choice (wholemeal/ white/ seeded/ multigrain)
- 2 tbspns softened butter
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 8 tomato slices
- 4- 8 leaf lettuce
- 4 coon cheese
- 2 tbspns greek yogurt (low fat)
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- A pinch of dill
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for patty and gently mix but do not over mix as it will become hard. TIP: Add egg at the end and just fold it in with soft hands. After 10 minutes divide the mince into 4 equal parts, forming into patties. The mixture might be a bit sticky but that’s what we want, that sticky will keep it moist.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients given for cucumber dip and mix.
- Wash, dry and cut and prepare all the vegetables.
- Heat oil and fry each patty for 2 minutes per side on medium flame. When flipping the first side, put a slice of cheese on the top and let the other side (raw side) cook and the cheese melt.
- Meanwhile, cut the rolls in half and apply some butter on both the sides and toast on the griddle. On the heal (bottom) part place some avocado, tomato and lettuce and then put the freshly grilled patty with bubbly melting cheese on it, followed by cucumber dip and the crown (top part of the bun).
- Serve with sweet potato fries or wedges.
Crispy Fillet burger is my very own recipe. It is a gourmet or premium style burger , packed with flavour and smoked hot sauce and the chicken has that crunch on the outside and tender on the inside with perfect seasoning. You can add salad or bacon to your burger if you want, I sometimes add avocado and beetroot but really its up to you, how you like your burger. So give it a try this weekend and enjoy!
- 4 sesame rolls/ buns
- Some softened butter
- 4 – 8 coral lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 coon cheese
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tbspn siracha
- 1 tspn smoked red chilli flakes
- A generous pinch of lemon and herb seasoning (available in supermarkets)
- 1 tspn mustard
FOR CRISPY FILLET
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into half, total 4 fillets)
- 1 tbspn hot sauce
- 1 tbspn vinegar
- 2 tbspns dark soy sauce
- Salt, pepper & chicken salt, red chilli powder (as desired)
- 1 tspn onion powder
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbspns corn flour
- 2 tbspns self rising flour
- Oil for deep frying
- For fillets, take each piece of chicken and put it in a zip lock bag. Pound with the meat hammer to flatten. Lay them on a straight dish, season with salt, pepper, red chilli powder, chicken salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Turn the sides and season the other side as well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine all the sauces and dip the marinated chicken into it. Add egg, corn flour and flour. Mix and keep in refrigerator for 1 hr.
- Meanwhile get everything ready. Combine all the ingredients for sauce in a small mixing bowl to use it later. You can change the sauce in you want. Any sauce of your choice will work.
- After an hour, heat oil in a pan or fryer to 190 degrees Celsius and fry chicken for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile the chicken is frying, butter the bun and toast it on griddle, apply sauce to the top and the bottom part, place lettuce and tomato on the top and cheese on the bottom and place the chicken fillet, right out of the fryer onto the cheese. Close your burger and serve hot with fries.
There are hundreds of recipes of Chicken burger but this my very basic yet fancy one with special sauce and caramelized onion. One of my family’s favorites…. ❤
FOR CHICKEN PATTIES
- 0.5 kg chicken mince meat
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn Cracked black pepper
- 1 tbspn mustard sauce
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 3 tbspns hot sauce
- 1 tspns garlic powder
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- 6 burger buns of your choice. I used the regular sesame seed roll
- 6 slices of processed sandwich cheese
- Some caramalised onions
- 6 to 12 tomato slices
- Fancy lettuce leaves
- ½ mayonnaise
- 5 to 6 tbspns chilli garlic sauce/ 3 tbpns hot sauce and 1 tspn garlic powder
- Lets make the patties first. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix gently. The egg should be just fold in. This will make the patties soft and juicy. Keep aside for 15 minutes meanwhile we prepare the rest.
- Apply some butter on both the sides of the bun or roll and grill it to give some color on the inside. I use griddle for this you can use any flat pan or stove grill.
- Combine the ingredients for sauce and cut tomato and onion into slices.
- Make 6 thick patties of the chicken mixture and grill them or shallow fry them for 5 mins per side. When you put the chicken patties put the onion as well. This will caramelise the onion while the patty is being cooked.
- Before taking the patty off the grill place a slice of cheese on it and let it melt a little.
- On grilled buns, put a dollop of the sauce on the crown (to part of the bun) and lettuce leaf on the heal (lower part of the bun).
- Place the patty on the lettuce, cheese side facing up.
- Put some grilled onion and tomato and cover with the crown
- Serve hot with chips.
There are 50 different ways to make grilled chicken burger, some are with sweet chilli sauce, some with mayo, some with BBQ sauce but this recipe is with garlic sauce and mostly Grilled chicken burgers we get in the restaurants are made this way. Try this recipe and enjoy ……
- 2 white rolls
- 2 small size chicken breasts (marinated in salt, black pepper, 2 tspns lemon juice for 30 mins)
- 2 big leaves of lettuce
- 2 – 4 tomato slices
- 4 tbspns Aioli dip (I use “Praise” brand (deli style) and it works out prefect)
- 2 slices of red onion (optional)
- Some oil for grilling the chicken
- 2 slices of cheese (use low fat cheese. I use “coon” cheese for chicken burgers)
-Put the chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and pound them flat and even. Marinade them in all the ingredients given above for 30 minutes.
-Grease or spray the grill pan and grill the chicken breast for 90 seconds per side on medium heat.
-Cut the white rolls into 2 pieces and warm them on a griddle.
-Now place one cheese slice on the lower side of the bun, then grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato and drizzle some aioli sauce and then put the head of the bun on top.
-Serve hot with chips.
White sesame roll, tasty cheese, tangy tomato, high quality beef & juicy beetroot…… That’s how Aussies enjoy their beef burgers……. 😀
- 2 white rolls
- 250 gms beef mince with fat content
- Some salt and pepper to season
- 4 – 6 slices of canned beetroot
- 1 cup lettuce
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 eggs (cooked in egg rings, on low heat with a splash of olive oil)
- Some ketchup to drizzle
- Some oil
- 2 slices of tasty cheese
-Make 2 fat beef patties of mincemeat and cook them in 2 tbspns oil on medium heat for 2 minutes per side.
-Cut white rolls into two and heat on the griddle until it’s a bit red from inside.
-Now on the top part of the bun drizzle some ketchup and on the other side of the bun lay some lettuce leaves, a slice of cheese, beef patty, egg, tomato and beetroot. Now put the bun side with ketchup on top and serve hot with chips.
-Do the same with the other roll and enjoy juicy beef burger the Aussie way.
Desi Burger …….
- 2 sesame seed buns (cut into two pieces “top” and “bottom”, heated on griddle)
- Some red onion
- 2 cheese slices
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 Chappali Tikkian
- Some ketchup
- 150 gms beef mince with fats
- 1 red onion
- 3 green chillies
- A handful of coriander
- 1 egg (scrambled lightly and broken into pieces)
- 1 tspn crushed amardana (pomegranate seed)
- 1 tspn methi leaves
- Some salt
- Some crushed red chillies
- Some black pepper
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- 1 tspn garam masala
- 1 tbspn cracked dried coriander
- Some oil for frying
-In a deep mixing bowl combine mincemeat and all other ingredients given for chappali tikkian.
-Chop onion, coriander and green chillies in a food processor and mix with beef mince.
-Heat oil in a frying pan and make two patties out of this mincemeat mixture.
-Fry the patties (3 minutes per side) on medium heat.
-Now step two: assemble the burger.
-On the bottom bun, put cheese, beef patty, onion, tomato and drizzle some ketchup. Put the sesame side on top and serve with masala chips.