Chicken francaise is a very popular American – Italian dish which is available in nearly all the cafes and restaurants in America. In general it is very difficult and boring to eat chicken breast but in this dish I like the subtle lemony sauce over crumbed, soft and succulent chicken breast. Give it a try and I am sure you will love it….
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into butterfly cut) (small size)
- Salt & cracked pepper
FOR COATING 1
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbspn corn flour
- Some chicken salt to season
FOR EGG COATING
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 4 tbspns finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbspns chopped parsley
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 cup chicken stalk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbspns chopped parsley
- Cut the chicken breast into butterfly cut or just in two fillets and season with some salt and pepper. Put each piece in the zip lock bag and pound with the meat hammer until thin and flat.
- Take some flour on a shallow plate and season with some chicken salt, and prepare the egg mixture in a shallow plate by mixing everything.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Take one chicken breast, roll it in flour and then shake off the access and dip it in egg mixture and fry on medium heat for 3 minutes per side.
- Do the same with all the chicken pieces and then in the same pan add the chicken stalk and lemon juice and let it simmer to half. Add parsley and butter. When the sauce begins to get thick add the fried chicken and cook 1 minute per side so the sauce penetrates in the chicken.
- Serve hot with pouring the extra sauce on top of the chicken.
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of favorite pastas. I don’t make it with wine but use extra beef broth instead. The art of this sauce is that it is simmered over low heat for atleast 4 hours until all the flavours and all the seasonings melt in. Super LOVE ❤
- 500 gms spaghetti (al dente)
- 500 gms beef mice
- 2 tbspns minced garlic
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 250 gms button mushrooms (chopped) (optional)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 celery stick (chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500 ml passata
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tbspn brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbspns chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbspns chopped parsley
- 1 tbspn chopped thyme
- 1 tspn oregano
- Heat oil and add onion, fry until translucent and add garlic. Stir fry for a minute and add beef mince. Break the beef mince with the spoon and stir fry until it starts changing the color. Add all the veggies, herbs and spices and mix.
- After 5 minutes, add beef broth and passata and cook covered on low heat for 4 hours until all the flavors melt and mix in it and the sauce reduce.
- After 4 hours of simmering, serve hot with boiled spaghetti. Either mix the sauce in the pasta or over the pasta and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.
Just a light version of Chicken parmigiana. I don’t like the thick chicken breast piece so I have used tenders, it makes the recipe lighter and more fun!
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- some salt
- some pepper
- some paprika
- some chicken salt
- some olive oil and softened butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- some Italian herbs (chopped fine)
- 1 cup flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 egg + 2 tbspns milk (whisked)
- 4 tbspns Napolitano sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup freshly shaved parmesan
- Some greens
- Some asparagus
- Or garden salad/ Greek salad
- Put chicken tenders in a zip lock bag and pound with a meat hammer until flat and thin.
- Season with some salt, pepper, chicken salt and paprika on both sides and keep aside.
- Meanwhile get your oven preheated on broiling mode at 200 degrees Celsius and get your crumbing station ready, 1. Seasoned flour in a flat dish, 2. Egg wash in a shallow dish and 3. Breadcrumbs.
- Now with the help of fork, take one tender, coat it in flour, shake off the excess, dip it in egg wash and then crumbs. Coat each and every naked bit of it and keep it on a tray.
- Do the same with rest of the tenders.
- Heat a frying pan and splash some olive oil and place the chicken tenders on the pan. 2.5 minutes per side. When you are about to change the side, add a small knob of butter. This will give a buttery flavour and extra crunch and color to the bread crumbs.
- Meanwhile, get your baking tray ready lined with parchment paper. Transfer the tenders to the baking tray, smear a tablespoon of Napoli sauce on each tender, then some fresh shaves of parmesan and then generous amount of freshly grated mozzarella.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with greens.
My TOP favorite dinner…. it is so moist and juicy and the glaze is just awesome! ❤
- 2 kilos of ground beef
- 1 tbspn of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely choppes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 bread slices
- ¼ cup of Milk
- ¼ cup of Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Dash of Worcesteshire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup of Ketchup
- 2 tbspns of Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Dried Mustard
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about 6 to 8 minutes or until soft and translucent, allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, put the slices of bread and pour the milk over them, let them sit for a few minutes or until the bread soaks up all the milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, the milk soaked bread, cooked onion and garlic, parsley, parmiggiano, worchesteshire sauce, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined but don’t over mix and compact the mixture too much otherwise your meatloaf will be tough.
- Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet (or use a broiler pan) and place the meat mixture onto it and form it into a loaf, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the glaze. Smear half of it evenly over the top and reserve the rest.
- Bake the meatloaf for 50 minutes, then smear the rest of the sauce on top and put it back in the oven to bake for another 15 minutes.
A very easy, quick and fancy recipe which everyone will love and wonder how much effort you have put in but really all you have done is mix the stuff at the right time over right heat 😀 ❤
- 600 mL cooking cream
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- ½ tspn onion powder
- 1 cup sharp parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 100 gms butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup green onions shopped
- 1 chicken stock cube/ 1 tbspn chicken salt
- 1 tbspn cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste (be careful, because parmesan cheese is salty and we are adding chicken salt as well)
- 500 gms pasta cooked to al dente
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbspns heapful (parmesan cheese)
- Few sprigs green onion chopped
- Boil pasta, run through some cold water and keep aside.
- Preheat oven in broil mode to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Measure the cheeses, mix them and keep the blend in refrigerator.
- For alfredo, melt butter in a pan and fry chicken until its white, add salt, pepper, chicken salt, garlic powder, onion powder and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are cooked at well. Add cream and bring it to boil.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened. Add pasta and mix. Remove from heat and transfer to your Pyrex baking dish. Top with the cheese blend and broil from 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gives that crusty golden color.
- Garnish with some chopped scallions and serve hot.
Easy & Fancy dinner idea. The creamy parmesan sauce and well seasoned chicken breasts go hand in hand….. very yummy!
- 4 small size chicken breasts
- Some salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- Some onion powder
- Some garlic powder
- 1 lemon squeezed
- Some olive oil
FOR PENNE ALFREDO
- 500 gms penne pasta (al dente)
- 800mL cooking cream
- 250 gms shredded parmesan cheese
- 100 gms butter
- Some salt
- Some cracked red chillies (Optional, I like them so I add them)
- Black pepper
- ¼ tspn onion powder
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- ½ tspn chives
- 2 tbspns scallions (green part only)
-Take the chicken breast fillets and pound then until they are 1cm thick. Marinade with everything except olive oil and keep aside for at least an hour.
-Heat the grill pan, drizzle some olive oil and grill those chicken fillets (5 minutes per side) on medium – high heat.
-Meanwhile your chicken is grilling let’s make our sauce. Melt some butter in a skillet and stir fry mushrooms until they change colour. Now add cream and all the seasonings except chives and scallions. Stir.
-When the sauce begins to simmer add parmesan cheese and keep stirring until it melts and mix with the sauce and the sauce becomes thick. This should take probably 4 – 5 minutes on medium heat.
-Now add boiled pasta in your sauce and swirl the pan. Add chives and scallions and divide the pasta in 4 equal portions. Serve each portion in a separate deep plate. Put the grilled chicken breast on top, garnish with some scallions and shaved parmesan cheese and serve hot.