Mango delight is my Mom’s sweet dish. In Pakistan, we have the best mangoes of the world and they are cheaper and in abundance. And she used to make this dish in Summers as party dessert. It is very easy, tasty, natural and hassle free dessert and everyone on the table loves it.
- 4 large mangoes (for AU mix of Calypso & Kensington Pride) (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 strawberry Jello (cut in squares) (add unflavoured gelatine to make stiff while preparing jello)
- 1 Mango Jello (cut in squares) (add unflavoured gelatine to make stiff while preparing jello)
- 1 Banana Jellon (cut in squares) (add unflavoured gelatine to make stiff while preparing jello)
- 2 cups whipped cream (unsweetened)
- Cut and prepare everything. For Jello, add extra unflavoured gelatine while making the jelly to make it more stiff and less wobbly.
- In your serving dish, Put all the chunks of mangoes and jellos and whip the cream.
- For whipping the cream, put your whipping bowl and whisks in freezer for 30 minutes before whipping the cream to make it stiff and easy to handle.
- Decorate the top of the dish and refrigerate until needed but don’t refrigerate for more than 2 hours.
Say Hello to Summer with this beautiful recipe….
No bake ❤
perfect for your get togethers, BBQs or birthdays.
- 500 gms cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 package unflavoured gelatin (dissolved in 100 ml hot water)(cooled down)
- 200 ml chillied whipping cream
- 2 cups mango puree (recipe below)
- 200 gms graham crackers (crushed)
- 100 gms melted butter
- ½ cup macadamias
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbspns brown sugar
- 4 Kensington Pride mangoes/ any mango of your choice, (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 100 gms white chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 2 mangoes (sliced thinly)
- 2 cups whipped cream (unsweetened)
- In a food processor crush graham crackers & macadamias to crumbs and add sugar and desiccated coconut and mix. Add melted butter and mix more until it looks like wet sand. Spray the bottom of springform pan and press this mixture in the springform pan to make the crust of the cheesecake. Refrigerate until needed.
- For mango puree put all the ingredients given above in the blender and mix well until its smooth.
- In a deep mixing bowl, use the electric hand mixer to whip the cream cheese. When it is soft add cream and whip well. Now add mango puree and mix again and at the end mix in gelatine mixture as well. We put gelatine at the end so it mixes into the mixture uniformly.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared base and refrigerate overnight or for 24 hours for good results.
- When its set, run a knife thru the edges and take it out onto your serving plate. Decorate with some mango slices or chunks and some whipped cream. Serve.
Mango Lassi is an Indian drink which is full of flavor, freshness and energy. Mango is also known as “King of Fruits” in South Asia because Mangoes found here are very sweet and they have a different taste. They are different than Australian mangoes, Mexican mangoes and Thai Mangoes. In Pakistan, Mangoes from the city of Multan are very famous for their taste and sweetness. People of South Asia love Summer season just because of mangoes and they try different drinks and sweet dishes with this delicious fruit. Mango lassi is one of them. Do try this ……..
- 250 gms plain yogurt (natural style)
- ½ cu mango pulp or 212 gms tin mangoes
- ½ cup chilled water
- 8 – 12 ice cubes
- 1 – 2 tbspns sugar
- 2 tbspns of greek yogurt
-Place all ingredients, except the ice cubes in a blender and shake for around 30 – 40 secs.
-Pour it into the glasses and add some ice cubes.