I love soups, specially Asian inspired, not a big fan of vegetable puree soups. Chicken corn soup, Cream of chicken, Cream of Mushrooms, 19B, Thai soup, Wonton Soup, Tom Yum & Hot n Sour are my top favorite and luckily in Melbourne I find all of them and I know how to make them all at home as well which never makes me feel Soup Deprived 😀 . No matter its hot or cold, I can eat soup in any weather, in any season with same love. My love for soup is endless 😀 😀 😀 😀 Alrighty, enough of my love for soup. I will tell you about this soup, It is not Chinese authentically, but it is Chinese inspired Pakistani Soup, available at all Chinese food outlets and very famous in Pakistani Home cooking.
Very ideal for weight loss and keeps you full for longer.
so…..People on that side of the world! have a great winter 😀
- 1 chicken breast
- 12 cups water
- 2 carrots (julienne or chopped)
- 2 cups cabbage finely sliced
- 10 champignons (tin mushrooms) (optional)
- ½ cup spring onion (green part) (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn Chinese salt (Ajinomoto)
- 1 tbspn black pepper
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup corn flour slurry (4 tbspns corn flour in ½ cup of water)
- 2 beaten eggs
- Boil chicken in 12 cups of water with salt, pepper and Chinese salt. Take out the chicken and keep the stock boiling on low flame.
- Shred the chicken with your hands when it cools down and add it back to the stock. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the veggies and boil for 2 minutes and add the sauces.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add the corn flour slurry with constant stirring to thicken the soup.
- Now add beaten eggs with constant stirring otherwise it will make one giant egg in the soup.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Adjust the salt, pepper and sourness of the soup by adding everything to your desire.
- Serve hot.