Tantalise your tongue with this amazing Indo-Chinese Punjabi vegetarian dish…. So easy and so so so flavorful! ❤
- 500 gms paneer (cut into chunks)
- 1 egg + 3 tbspns corn flour /2 tbspns flour and water batter (to fry paneer)
- Red chilli powder
- 1 tspn garlic paste
- Oil for deep frying
FOR STIR FRY
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- ½ green capsicum cut into chunks
- ½ red capsicum cut into chunks
- 3 small green chillies (cut into slices)
- 2 tbspns tomato paste (not ketcup)
- ½ cup chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tspn ginger and garlic paste
- 2 curry leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- A generous pinch of Chinese salt/ Ajinomoto
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- ½ tspn cumin seeds
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- A splash of lemon juice
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 2 tbspns spring onions (green part, chopped)
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander (chopped)
- 4- 5 tbspns oil for cooking
- If you are pure vegetarian then make a batter of cool water and flour, add salt, red chillies and garlic paste. Apply it on the paneer chunks and fry like pakoras.
- And if you are non-vegetarian, make a batter of egg, corn flour, salt, red chillies and garlic paste. Apply it on the paneer chunks and fry like battered fish.
- Keep aside until further needed.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and onion chunks for 1 minute or until they get a light colour. Add tomato paste, chilli garlic sauce and all the other seasonings, soy sauce and curry leaves and mix on high heat for a minute and reduce flame.
- Add capsicums and green chilli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add fried battered paneer and spring onion and again cook it on high flame for 1 minute adding a splash of lemon juice with constant stirring so all the sides cook equally and it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot with boiled or steamed rice and sprinkle some coriander.