This is my dessert to entertain the guests when I am short of time. I get everything ready made from the supermarket and just use my layering skills and taste buds to create this awesome dessert which is highly appreciated in my friend’s circle…..
A perfect dessert hack for busy chefs like myself……
- 2 large size jam rolls, sliced in 1 inch thickness
- 1.5 litres vanilla custard (I use St. Pauls, you can use any readymade available at our local supermarket)
- 12 strawberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- Some strawberry jello
- 1 can diced pineapple (drained and pineapple cut into small chunks)
- ½ strawberry conserve or Jam (microwaved for 20 seconds)
- ½ cup fresh cream (for drizzling)
- Some whipped cream for decoration (if desired)
- Some cut strawberries for decoration
- Some left over jam roll for decoration
-In a glass or pyrex dish lay a thin layer of readymade vanilla flavoured custard. Then over the custard, lay a layer of jam roll.
-Now drizzle some cream and jam. Place all the fruit chunks on it and then lay a layer of premade jello.
-Pour the left over custard over it and decorate it the way you desire.
-Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Its my special version of fruit chaat in the month of Ramadan…. full of nutrients and taste. Love it! can’t eat any other fruit chaat after eating this…..
- 2 apples (cut into cubes with peel)
- 6 firm dates (cut lengthways)
- ½ cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 peach (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 cup grapes (cut into halves)
- ½ pear (cut into cubes)
- 1 kiwi (cut into slices)
- 1 cup pomegranate kernels
- 2 ripe bananas (sliced)
- ½ indian guava (deseeded and cut into cubes)
- 6 – 8 strawberries (diced)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 mandarin (juice)
- 1 naval orange (juice)
- 1 tspn raw sugar
- Some black salt
- Some black pepper
- 4 slices of kiwi
- Some halves of medjoul dates
- Some strawberries
-Wash and cut all the fruits according to the instructions given above.
-Mix them in a deep mixing bowl.
-Now combine all the ingredients for syrup in a separate bowl. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
-Now pour the syrup all over the fruits and mix.
-Keep aside for 30 minutes, transfer it to your serving bowl, garnish with fresh fruits and have fun.
Fruit and Custard is one of the easiest and quick desserts one can think off. It is simple and can get you a lot of appreciation from your friends and family. Try it and do let me know your remarks …..
- 4 cups custard (not so thick)(vanilla)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ½ cup blue berries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 mango diced
-Make vanilla custard according to the instructions given at the back of the pack. (Use 4.5 cups of milk) or you can buy ready-made custard from the supermarket.
-In a see through glass bowl/ dish pour the custard and refrigerate for about 6 hours.
-Now decorate it with fruits. Top it with some whipped cream by using piping bag and serve cold for dessert.
Fruit trifle is widely popular in Pakistan and around the globe. This is originally an English dessert which is made with custard and other fruit layering with some jam and cream. Its rich and should be consumed in moderation if you are on diet ….
- 1.5 litre Vanilla custard (smooth and runny)
- 1 instant jelly (make according to the manufacturer’s instructions and refrigerate for 40 minutes before using)
- 10 strawberries (big size) (1 whole, 9 sliced)
- Few pineapple pieces and slices
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 tbspns strawberry jam (whipped)
- 1 sponge sheet / unfilled sponge cake/ 1 plain cake
-In a deep glass (see through) trifle ball spread some custards and layer it with some sponge cake pieces, some jelly crystals, strawberry slices, pineapple chunks sliced bananas, ½ of the jam and some whipped cream.
-Now again repeat the same layerings until the item are finished.
-Your last layer should be custard.
-Sprinkle some left over fruit chunks and cake pieces on it and decorate it with some whipped cream, pineapple slice and whole strawberry.
-Refrigerate for 1 hr. and serve cold as a dessert.
Fruit chaat is the most common way to consume fruits in the month of Ramadan in Pakistan. Nearly, everyone in Pakistan, make this fruit salad to give their bodies energy, vitamins and nutrients, moreover its very refreshing and if you are on diet or you want to lose weight, then this is the best thing you can have because it is filling and full fills all the healthy requirements of your body ….
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 1 apple with skin (sliced)
- 1 pear with skin (sliced)
- 5-6 grapes cut in half
- 4 dates (firm, sliced)
- 1 mandarin/ orange (squeezed)
- Some salt and black pepper
- A pinch of roasted powdered cumin
- 1 strawberry sliced
- ½ kiwi fruit sliced
- ½ cup sliced pineapple
- ½ cup diced guava (Optional)
- 2 tbspns boiled chickpeas
-Combine all the ingredients in a deep mixing bowl and mix.
-Take it out in a serving bowl.
-Decorate it with some fruit slices and serve chilled in Iftar or as a desert.
-You can use several other fruits like melon, pomegranate, Feijoas etc.
Fruity Breakfast Salad
-Cut pears into chunks, strawberries into halves, bananas into slices and oranges into cubes.
-Combine them in a bowl and sprinkle some black pepper on them.
-Toss and serve immediately.
Healthy and nutritious salad is ready to be served. Start your day with a Fresh Fruity breakfast.
-Cut them into medium sized chunks; do not chop.
This will serve 2 persons easily.