Pasta Grande is my own invention and believe me it is one of the bests. I love the sweet chilli sauce taste in chicken pasta and the champignons and the bell pepper adds a very fine taste to it plus it is covered with cheese. You and your family or whoever you will feed this will love it.
Ideal for lunch, snack, hi tea parties, birthday parties, kids parties, camping trips, picnics, etc.
- 500 gms chicken mince
- 100 ml tomato paste
- 200 ml pasta sauce (1 kg tomatoes, cut into chunks, sprayed with olive oil, salt, thyme, oregano and rosemary, broiled for 35 mins of 200 degrees Celsius or until crusty, mashed and passed through sieve)
- 4 tbspns sweet chilli sauce
- 2 small cans/ 2 cups of champignons (button mushrooms) ( I used champignons because they taste better in this recipe?
- 1 bell pepper/ capsicum (chopped into small dices)
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper
- 1 packet of spaghetti (I use 1 packet of San Remo)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspns of minced garlic
FOR WHITE SAUCE
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbspns flour
- 100 gms butter
- 2 tbspns sharp parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper (be careful with salt as we have added salt in the pasta as well plus the cheeses are a bit salty too)
- Mix of shredded Mozzarella (1cup), Cheddar( ½ cup) and (4 tbspns) Parmesan.
- Some Italian herb mix
- A bell pepper sliced
- 4 tbspns oil
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken mince. Break it into pieces when sautéing. Add garlic when the chicken changes its color and cook until the water from the chicken dries.
- Now add all the sauces (pasta sauce and sweet chilli sauce) and tomato paste and mix. Add champignons and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat with the lid on.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Stir and remove from heat.
- Boil some water in a big pot and add a generous pinch of salt. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente’.
- Drain the water and keep the boiled spaghetti in the colander under running cold water and separate them with your hands. When the spaghetti is all separated and the starch is drained turn off the water and keep the spaghetti aside in the colander for 2 minutes. Now add the spaghetti in the tomato and chicken mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius on broil mode.
- For white sauce, melt some butter in a sauce pan, add some Italian herb mix and flour. Saute until the flour starts turning light brown. Add milk with constant whisking and cook until the sauce thickens. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and turn off the flame.
- Put the pasta in the baking dish, pour over the white sauce and then cover with a layer of mix cheeses, capsicum slices and herb mix and broil for good 20 minutes until the cheese looks bubbly and golden from the top.
- Take out the dish from the oven very carefully and let it rest for good 10 minutes. It will allow it to settle down a bit which will make it easier for you to cut the portions. Serve hot.