Spring rolls is I think one of the most favorite and famous snacks around the world which is like liked by everyone and comes with different fillings and sizes. Try my version and I am sure you will like the crispy fried rolls filled with crunchy vegetables and seasoned to perfection chicken ❤
- 24 spring roll sheets
- Oil for frying
- Flour and water slurry/ 1 egg + 4 tbspns water (for sealing the rolls)
- 1 tbspn oil
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 1 tbspn hot sauce
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbspn chicken salt/ 1 tspn ajinomoto
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 3 springs of green onion (sliced)
- 1 capsicum (sliced thin)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cabbage (sliced fine)
- 2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded (boiled in salt, pepper, 2 tbspns soy sauce and 1 cup water)
- Boil the chicken and shred it with hands.
- Heat oil in a wok and add garlic. Fry until it is translucent and add all the veggies. Stir fry for 5 minutes adding all the spices and sauces and remove from flame. Transfer it into a deep mixing bowl and add chicken. Mix well.
- I fried the veggies for only 5 minutes to avoid soggy filling. I like my spring roll filling to be crunchy and cooked at the same time.
- Now fill in the roll sheets and seal the edges with the slurry. Refrigerate the rolls for 30 mins to 1 hr prior to frying.
- Heat oil to 190 degrees Celsius in the fryer and fry rolls in batches for 5 minutes per batch.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
- To freeze the rolls, keep them in snap seal or freezer bag until you need them. You can freeze up to 3 months and the taste will be the same.