22 Mar 2017
Tags: appetizer, Asian, Chicken, Finger food, Rolls, Snacks, Street food
Spring rolls is I think one of the most favorite and famous snacks around the world which is like liked by everyone and comes with different fillings and sizes. Try my version and I am sure you will like the crispy fried rolls filled with crunchy vegetables and seasoned to perfection chicken ❤
- 24 spring roll sheets
- Oil for frying
- Flour and water slurry/ 1 egg + 4 tbspns water (for sealing the rolls)
- 1 tbspn oil
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 1 tbspn hot sauce
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbspn chicken salt/ 1 tspn ajinomoto
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 3 springs of green onion (sliced)
- 1 capsicum (sliced thin)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cabbage (sliced fine)
- 2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded (boiled in salt, pepper, 2 tbspns soy sauce and 1 cup water)
- Boil the chicken and shred it with hands.
- Heat oil in a wok and add garlic. Fry until it is translucent and add all the veggies. Stir fry for 5 minutes adding all the spices and sauces and remove from flame. Transfer it into a deep mixing bowl and add chicken. Mix well.
- I fried the veggies for only 5 minutes to avoid soggy filling. I like my spring roll filling to be crunchy and cooked at the same time.
- Now fill in the roll sheets and seal the edges with the slurry. Refrigerate the rolls for 30 mins to 1 hr prior to frying.
- Heat oil to 190 degrees Celsius in the fryer and fry rolls in batches for 5 minutes per batch.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
- To freeze the rolls, keep them in snap seal or freezer bag until you need them. You can freeze up to 3 months and the taste will be the same.
18 Mar 2017
Tags: appetizer, Crowd Pleaser, Fish, fried, Quick, Quick & easy, Seafood
This is my 3rd or 4th recipe of fried fish and all of them are different with different flavors. This is a very simple and lite recipe, not too spicy and it is a crowd pleaser! You can make fish bites with this recipe as well and everyone will love it …. ❤
- 3 fillets/ 1 kilo of blue grenadier (cut into large chunks)
- 3 tbspns soy sauce
- 1 tbspn cracked coriander seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspns vinegar/ lemon juice for more flavour
- 1 tbspn cracked black pepper
- 5 tbspns corn flour
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn ginger powder
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Wash and dry the fish fillets and mix in everything except oil, egg and corn flour.
- Keep marinated for 2 hours.
- Add corn flour and egg and mix well.
- Keep aside for another 30 mins.
- Heat oil to 190 degrees Celsius for deep frying.
- Fry for 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with tartare sauce.
25 Nov 2016
in Tea Table, Uncategorized
Tags: appetizer, Chicken, fried, Snacks, Tea time perks
This is a very basic recipe of chicken croquettes, Soon I will be uploading the variations as well, stay tuned!
Something for your weekend tea party…..
- 120 gms butter
- 2 tbspns four
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper to season
- ¼ tspn white pepper
- ½ tspn chicken salt
- ½ tspn onion powder
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- ½ tspn mustard powder
- 1 chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg + 4 tbspns milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Chop the shallot and shred the chicken breast. Best is to use hands to shred the chicken as it will give it a strand texture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and saute’ chopped shallot for 2 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Add flour and cook for 45 secs. Gradually add milk and use whisk to avoid lumps. Add onion powder, garlic powder and mustard powder and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Mix in the shredded chicken and green chillies and put aside to cool for 10 minutes or until it is easy to handle. Please do not refrigerate or cool completely otherwise it won’t be easy to mold it into croquette like shape.
- Put some oil on your hands and take a small ball of the mixture and shape it into an oval, like an egg. This mixture would make around 12 croquettes.
- Now get your breading station ready, flour (season with some salt and pepper or some Italian herbs), egg and milk (egg wash) and then bread crumbs. Now take one croquette, roll it into flour, dip it in egg mixture ad bread it with bread crumbs. Do the same with the rest and arrange them on a tray.
- Now if you are frying, refrigerate them for 15 minutes before deep frying like I did. And then deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with ketchup.
- Or if you are baking, arrange them onto a baking tray linked with baking paper and bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Serve hot with ketchup.