Kaleji (liver) is the first thing that comes in our home on Eid ul Adha which is also known as Bakra Eid. So here is an easy and quick recipe to serve your family which gives a flavor of Eid.
1 kg liver
1 cup oil
2 onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
4 tbspns yogurt
2 tbspns crushed ginger garlic
1 tbspn whole garam masala (1 big cardamom, few cloves, few peppercorns, cumin seeds)
Salt to taste
1 tbspn chilli flakes
1 tspn turmeric
1 tbspn coriander coarsely ground
1 tspn garam masala
2 tbspns fenugreek leaves
6 green chillies sliced
2 tbspns lemon juice
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole garam masala. Fry for a minute. Add onions. Fry until golden brown and add tomatoes.
- When tomatoes lose the stiffness add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute. Add liver pieces and cook until it starts changing its color.
- Add all the spices except garam masala and fenugreek leaves. Cook for 5 minutes and add yogurt.
- Mix and cook further for 15 minutes on medium low heat. At the end, add half of the green chillies, garam masala and fenugreek leaves and mix.
- Remove from the flame and dish out. Garnish with the remaining green chillies and drizzle lemon juice if desired.
- Enjoy with your family and friends
This is my very basic recipe of Suji Halwa. It is quick and easy to make for small gatherings, religious purpose, breakfast and family lunch or dinner…. My mum loves it and when I made it first time for my family, they all appreciated y effort but to be honest it is just technique. There is not much effort involved. lets look at the ingredients and get started ❤
- 1.5 cup semolina (soojhi)
- 1 cup desi ghee
- 4 cardamoms (cracked)
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- Few raisins (kishmish)
- Few slivered almonds
- Sliced coconut (optional)
- Heat water and add sugar.
- Melt ghee in wok and stir fry cardamoms for a few seconds. Add semolina and stir fry until its roasted and golden in color. Be very careful, it burns really quickly. Add raisins.
- Now add sugar water and cook on medium heat. Be careful, do not burn yourself.
- Cook with constant stirring until the ghee starts to separate from Halwa.
- When halwa is all gathered in the centre of the pan and ghee is on the sides, take it out in the serving dish and garnish with some almonds. Serve.
It was the favorite item on table when I made it for my family gathering. The recipe is so easy and simple and require ingredients which are probably already in your pantry…. lets get started!
Crispy Fried fish
- 2 kg Frying fish (cut into small fillets) (with bone or without bone – your choice)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspns black pepper
- 2 tbspns crushed garlic
- 2 tbspns crushed green chillies
- ½ cup vinegar
- 4 tbspns dark soy sauce
- 2 cups flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and pat dry the fish fillets.
- Add salt and vinegar and give it a good massage on each fillet. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Drain excess vinegar.
- Mix in garlic, green chillies, black pepper and soy sauce. Keep aside for 40 – 60 minutes minimum or 6 hours. You can freeze it for up to 1 month for later use.
- Heat oil to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Coat each fillet in flour mixture and keep aside until all the fillets are done.
- Start frying them in batches. 10 minutes per batch.
- Serve hot with ketchup or tartare sauce.
Its restaurant and Shaadi style salad which is really quick, easy and handy to make and everyone loves it. It can be a part of your Asian themed party or Summer BBQ or Desi night, it goes with everything….
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 tspn icing sugar
- 1 tbspn cracked black pepper
- ½ large size cabbage cut into medium sized cubes
- 2 large apple sliced
- 1 cup pineapple sliced
- Some cherries and lettuce to decorate
- Wash and cut everything according to the instructions given.
- Combine mayo, cream, pepper and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add apple, cabbage and pineapple and gently stir it.
- Dish it on your favorite plate and decorate with some cherries and lettuce leaves.
Chicken wings – #PartyRecipe #CrowdPlease #FingerFood #LovedByEveryone
This is my very simple and basic recipe of chicken wings which is quick and easy but make your guests wonder that you are a “Wonder Chef”
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn flour
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tspn crushed red chillies
- A splash of hot sauce
- 4 tbspns soy sauce
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and pat dry chicken wings. Add salt, pepper and red chilli flakes and mix well. Now add all the sauces and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Add egg and corn flour and mix well until the egg is well combined. Let this marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil to 190 degrees Celsius and fry each wing separately in batches depending on the size of your fryer.
- Fry each batch for 10 minutes and serve hot with pepper mayo or hot may or garlic mayo.
Ideal for summer BBQ parties….. 🙂
#CrowdPleaser #SuperEasy #SuperCool #SuperQuick
- 1.5 litre 7 up or sprite (chilled)
- 1 tbspns black salt
- 1 tbspn cumin seeds (zeera)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup lemon juice
- A lot of crushed ice
- Few lemon slices and mint leaves to decorate
- Combine salt, lemon juice, cumin seeds and mint leaves in blender and blend the mixture. Add 1 cup of 7 up and 1 cup of crushed ice and blend further.
- Pour this concentrated mixture in punch bowl or pitcher and pour over rest of the remaining 7 up. Give a gentle stir. Add more ice if desired along with fresh mint leaves and lemon juicer and serve.