It was the favorite item on table when I made it for my family gathering. The recipe is so easy and simple and require ingredients which are probably already in your pantry…. lets get started!
- 2 kg Frying fish (cut into small fillets) (with bone or without bone – your choice)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbspns black pepper
- 2 tbspns crushed garlic
- 2 tbspns crushed green chillies
- ½ cup vinegar
- 4 tbspns dark soy sauce
- 2 cups flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and pat dry the fish fillets.
- Add salt and vinegar and give it a good massage on each fillet. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Drain excess vinegar.
- Mix in garlic, green chillies, black pepper and soy sauce. Keep aside for 40 – 60 minutes minimum or 6 hours. You can freeze it for up to 1 month for later use.
- Heat oil to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Coat each fillet in flour mixture and keep aside until all the fillets are done.
- Start frying them in batches. 10 minutes per batch.
- Serve hot with ketchup or tartare sauce.