Kaleji (liver) is the first thing that comes in our home on Eid ul Adha which is also known as Bakra Eid. So here is an easy and quick recipe to serve your family which gives a flavor of Eid.
1 kg liver
1 cup oil
2 onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
4 tbspns yogurt
2 tbspns crushed ginger garlic
1 tbspn whole garam masala (1 big cardamom, few cloves, few peppercorns, cumin seeds)
Salt to taste
1 tbspn chilli flakes
1 tspn turmeric
1 tbspn coriander coarsely ground
1 tspn garam masala
2 tbspns fenugreek leaves
6 green chillies sliced
2 tbspns lemon juice
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole garam masala. Fry for a minute. Add onions. Fry until golden brown and add tomatoes.
- When tomatoes lose the stiffness add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute. Add liver pieces and cook until it starts changing its color.
- Add all the spices except garam masala and fenugreek leaves. Cook for 5 minutes and add yogurt.
- Mix and cook further for 15 minutes on medium low heat. At the end, add half of the green chillies, garam masala and fenugreek leaves and mix.
- Remove from the flame and dish out. Garnish with the remaining green chillies and drizzle lemon juice if desired.
- Enjoy with your family and friends