This is my very basic recipe of Suji Halwa. It is quick and easy to make for small gatherings, religious purpose, breakfast and family lunch or dinner…. My mum loves it and when I made it first time for my family, they all appreciated y effort but to be honest it is just technique. There is not much effort involved. lets look at the ingredients and get started ❤
- 1.5 cup semolina (soojhi)
- 1 cup desi ghee
- 4 cardamoms (cracked)
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- Few raisins (kishmish)
- Few slivered almonds
- Sliced coconut (optional)
- Heat water and add sugar.
- Melt ghee in wok and stir fry cardamoms for a few seconds. Add semolina and stir fry until its roasted and golden in color. Be very careful, it burns really quickly. Add raisins.
- Now add sugar water and cook on medium heat. Be careful, do not burn yourself.
- Cook with constant stirring until the ghee starts to separate from Halwa.
- When halwa is all gathered in the centre of the pan and ghee is on the sides, take it out in the serving dish and garnish with some almonds. Serve.