Easy & Fancy dinner idea. The creamy parmesan sauce and well seasoned chicken breasts go hand in hand….. very yummy!
- 4 small size chicken breasts
- Some salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- Some onion powder
- Some garlic powder
- 1 lemon squeezed
- Some olive oil
FOR PENNE ALFREDO
- 500 gms penne pasta (al dente)
- 800mL cooking cream
- 250 gms shredded parmesan cheese
- 100 gms butter
- Some salt
- Some cracked red chillies (Optional, I like them so I add them)
- Black pepper
- ¼ tspn onion powder
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- ½ tspn chives
- 2 tbspns scallions (green part only)
-Take the chicken breast fillets and pound then until they are 1cm thick. Marinade with everything except olive oil and keep aside for at least an hour.
-Heat the grill pan, drizzle some olive oil and grill those chicken fillets (5 minutes per side) on medium – high heat.
-Meanwhile your chicken is grilling let’s make our sauce. Melt some butter in a skillet and stir fry mushrooms until they change colour. Now add cream and all the seasonings except chives and scallions. Stir.
-When the sauce begins to simmer add parmesan cheese and keep stirring until it melts and mix with the sauce and the sauce becomes thick. This should take probably 4 – 5 minutes on medium heat.
-Now add boiled pasta in your sauce and swirl the pan. Add chives and scallions and divide the pasta in 4 equal portions. Serve each portion in a separate deep plate. Put the grilled chicken breast on top, garnish with some scallions and shaved parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Tiramisu ….. A classic Italian dessert you can find on any continental or Italian restaurant menu. Creamy custard layered with coffee dipped sponge fingers and dusted with dark chocolate shavings and cocoa. Sounds great 😀
This is one of the easiest recipes I know and to be very honest, this is the only recipe I have tried cos after this I don’t think I need any other….. Try this on your this weekend party and enjoy with friends or family or both 😉
- 2 cups strong black coffee + 1/3 cup orange juice or any coffee liqueur
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
- 1 large packet of sponge fingers (savoiardi)
- Cocoa and shaved chocolate, for dusting
-Pour coffee into a shallow dish. Set aside.
-Now take 3 mixing bowls, small for whipping the cream, medium for whipping the egg whites and large for whipping the egg yolks and mixing everything at the end.
TIP: If you don’t like or you don’t want to wash whip attachments after every use, whip egg whites first, then cream and then yolks and sugar. Like this you can move things fast.
-Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until pale and thick. Add the mascarpone and whipped cream, mixing gently until just combined.
-Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold eggwhites into the mascarpone mixture.
-Dip enough biscuits into the coffee mixture to cover the base of a 19cm square ceramic dish. Cover the biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust generously with cocoa and serve.
Lean chicken pieces, spring onions, freshly sliced mushrooms cooked with grated parmesan cream sauce …..
I use one pan for this dish to get all the flavors and if you go through other recipes, they call for boiled chicken. I think boiled chicken is just too bland, so I marinate my chicken in aromatic spices and stir fry it before putting it into the cream sauce.
- 350 gms pasta (penne, any)
- 300 mL fresh full cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese + some extra to garnish
- 4 tbspns chopped spring onion to garnish
- 100 gms butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 chicken breast cut into thin slices
- Some salt and pepper to season
- ½ tspn onion powder
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- ½ tspn paprika
-Boil pasta to al dente.
-Marinade chicken for 30 minutes. Melt butter in a pan and stir fry marinated chicken until its cooked but not too dark.
-Take it out and in the same pan, in the same chicken flavoured butter fry mushrooms and take them out with the chicken.
-Now melt some more butter in the same pan and add cream. Let it cook on low heat for 2 minutes and then add parmesan cheese. When the sauce begins to thicken add stir fried chicken, mushrooms and baby spinach. Mix and add boiled pasta.
-Mix & toss.
-Dish out and garnish with some spring onion and parmesan cheese.
Italian Dessert …… Very creamy, rich, smooth, sexy and silky!
I don’t like creamy sweet stuff much but this dessert is OK. My family loves it!
- 500ml full cream (300 mL cream + 200 mL full cream milk – lite version)
- 10g gelatine (You can easily find gelatine at any grocery store, baking isle. In Australia, you can get Halal gelatine from Coles baking isle. The brand name is “Davis” and it is certified Halal.
- 40g Sugar (I use raw for flavour)
- 1 tbspn vanilla extract or vanilla pod
- Some fruits and berries to serve
- 125 ml hot water
-Pour the cream and sugar into a saucepan. Slice open vanilla bean and remove the pulp. Add both the pulp and shell to the cream and sugar, and bring it to boil for 10 minutes. Take saucepan off the heat and let it cool slightly.
-Pour 125mL hot water into a container and add 1 sachet or 10g of gelatine. (Every package has different style of making gelatine, follow your package instructions)
-Stir briskly with a fork until dissolved.
-Remove the vanilla bean from the mixture and add the gelatine. Mix well and transfer to your dessert bowls. Refrigerate for 4 hours at least and serve.
Easy and fancy for busy chefs ……
- 500 gms mincemeat
- 500 gms pasta (any bite size pasta, penne, macaroni,) + some salted boiling water to boil the pasta
- 1 kg pasta sauce/ 2 cans Italian diced tomatoes + ½ kg chopped fresh tomatoes + your favourite herbs + some seasoning + ½ cup grated romano/ parmesan + 2 tbspns olive oil + 1 tspn minced garlic
- 1 chopped brown onion
- 1 chopped capsicum
- 500 gms chopped button mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cheddar
- Some romano cheese
- Some veggies if you like
-Heat oil in a pan and fry onion and minced garlic until it is translucent.
-Add mincemeat and break it into pieces. When it begins to change its color add canned tomatoes and chopped tomatoes along with everything mentioned in sauce contents otherwise use 1kg leggos/ passata/ dolmio pasta sauce.
-Let it cook for about 30 minutes if making your own sauce otherwise 15 minutes on low medium heat.
-Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes and then at the end add capsicum and remove the sauce from the flame.
-Add boiled pasta and toss. Put the entire thing in a rectangular pyrex baking dish and top it up with the cheese and veggies.
-Broil in a preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 10 minutes or until the topping is hot, brown and bubbly. Take it out and serve.
Ahhhhhh…….. Out of this world!
- 375g instant lasagne sheets
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 litre marinara sauce/ Bolognese sauce (1 kg chopped tomatoes & 2 cans Italian tomatoes with some oregano, thyme and rosemary……. Simmered on low heat for 30 minutes…….. season with salt and pepper)
- 300 gms chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup béchamel sauce
- 2 tbspns oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Some mozzarella for topping
FOR RICOTTA FILLING
- 300 gms fresh ricotta
- 200 gms steamed chopped spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tbspns parsley
- A handful of fresh crumbled mozzarella
- A handful of fresh tasty cheddar
- 2 eggs
-Heat oil and sauté minced garlic. After a minute add beef mince and break it into small pieces while cooking through. When it starts changing its colour, add marinara sauce. Cook for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
-Now in a separate mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients given for ricotta filling and mix well.
-Now grease a pyrex rectangular lasagne baking dish, and lay a layer of lasagne sheets. Then some meat sauce, then lasagne sheets, then ricotta filling, then another layer of lasagne sheets, then some béchamel sauce, then again some ricotta filling, another layer of lasagne sheets and then the last layer of marinara sauce. Top it with some mozzarella cheese and cover it with aluminium foil. Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 30 minutes. Then take off the aluminium foil and broil for 10 minutes at 200 degree Celsius.
-Take out, let it cool for 10 minutes, slice and serve.