Ahhhhhh…….. Out of this world!
- 375g instant lasagne sheets
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 litre marinara sauce/ Bolognese sauce (1 kg chopped tomatoes & 2 cans Italian tomatoes with some oregano, thyme and rosemary……. Simmered on low heat for 30 minutes…….. season with salt and pepper)
- 300 gms chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup béchamel sauce
- 2 tbspns oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Some mozzarella for topping
FOR RICOTTA FILLING
- 300 gms fresh ricotta
- 200 gms steamed chopped spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tbspns parsley
- A handful of fresh crumbled mozzarella
- A handful of fresh tasty cheddar
- 2 eggs
-Heat oil and sauté minced garlic. After a minute add beef mince and break it into small pieces while cooking through. When it starts changing its colour, add marinara sauce. Cook for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
-Now in a separate mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients given for ricotta filling and mix well.
-Now grease a pyrex rectangular lasagne baking dish, and lay a layer of lasagne sheets. Then some meat sauce, then lasagne sheets, then ricotta filling, then another layer of lasagne sheets, then some béchamel sauce, then again some ricotta filling, another layer of lasagne sheets and then the last layer of marinara sauce. Top it with some mozzarella cheese and cover it with aluminium foil. Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 30 minutes. Then take off the aluminium foil and broil for 10 minutes at 200 degree Celsius.
-Take out, let it cool for 10 minutes, slice and serve.