Easy & Fancy dinner idea. The creamy parmesan sauce and well seasoned chicken breasts go hand in hand….. very yummy!
- 4 small size chicken breasts
- Some salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- Some onion powder
- Some garlic powder
- 1 lemon squeezed
- Some olive oil
FOR PENNE ALFREDO
- 500 gms penne pasta (al dente)
- 800mL cooking cream
- 250 gms shredded parmesan cheese
- 100 gms butter
- Some salt
- Some cracked red chillies (Optional, I like them so I add them)
- Black pepper
- ¼ tspn onion powder
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- ½ tspn chives
- 2 tbspns scallions (green part only)
-Take the chicken breast fillets and pound then until they are 1cm thick. Marinade with everything except olive oil and keep aside for at least an hour.
-Heat the grill pan, drizzle some olive oil and grill those chicken fillets (5 minutes per side) on medium – high heat.
-Meanwhile your chicken is grilling let’s make our sauce. Melt some butter in a skillet and stir fry mushrooms until they change colour. Now add cream and all the seasonings except chives and scallions. Stir.
-When the sauce begins to simmer add parmesan cheese and keep stirring until it melts and mix with the sauce and the sauce becomes thick. This should take probably 4 – 5 minutes on medium heat.
-Now add boiled pasta in your sauce and swirl the pan. Add chives and scallions and divide the pasta in 4 equal portions. Serve each portion in a separate deep plate. Put the grilled chicken breast on top, garnish with some scallions and shaved parmesan cheese and serve hot.
My dinner on 04/06/2013……….. Everyone loved it!
- 3 chicken schnitzels or chicken breasts pound to 1 cm even thickness
- Some salt, pepper, red chilli flakes, granulated onion, granulated garlic and chicken salt to season
- Oil for shallow frying
FOR DREDGING MIXTURE
- 1 cup flour
- Your favourite seasoning (I used thyme, oregano, salt and red chilli flakes)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tspn parsley/ chives/ green onion chopped fine
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- Some seasoning you like
- ½ cup flour
FOR MUSHROOM ALFREDO SAUCE
- 2 cups thick cream (ideal for pouring and cooking)
- 100 gms butter
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of granulated onion
- 1 pinch of granulated garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
-Let’s prepare our sauce first.
-In a saucepan melt some butter and sauté mushrooms. Season with salt garlic and onion and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add cream and bring it to simmer. Add parmesan cheese and let it cook on very low heat until the chicken is ready.
-Pat chicken fillets with paper towel and season with some salt and all other seasonings mentioned above. Leave it for 10 minutes.
-Meanwhile prepare you dredging mixture, coating and breadcrumbs in separate plates. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
-Now dredge your chicken in flour mixture, coat with some egg wash and coat well with breadcrumbs. Fry on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes per side depending on the size and thickness of your chicken fillet.
-Take it out onto your serving plate with some greens (salad) and top with Mushroom sauce.