Italian Dessert …… Very creamy, rich, smooth, sexy and silky!
I don’t like creamy sweet stuff much but this dessert is OK. My family loves it!
- 500ml full cream (300 mL cream + 200 mL full cream milk – lite version)
- 10g gelatine (You can easily find gelatine at any grocery store, baking isle. In Australia, you can get Halal gelatine from Coles baking isle. The brand name is “Davis” and it is certified Halal.
- 40g Sugar (I use raw for flavour)
- 1 tbspn vanilla extract or vanilla pod
- Some fruits and berries to serve
- 125 ml hot water
-Pour the cream and sugar into a saucepan. Slice open vanilla bean and remove the pulp. Add both the pulp and shell to the cream and sugar, and bring it to boil for 10 minutes. Take saucepan off the heat and let it cool slightly.
-Pour 125mL hot water into a container and add 1 sachet or 10g of gelatine. (Every package has different style of making gelatine, follow your package instructions)
-Stir briskly with a fork until dissolved.
-Remove the vanilla bean from the mixture and add the gelatine. Mix well and transfer to your dessert bowls. Refrigerate for 4 hours at least and serve.