My dinner on 04/06/2013……….. Everyone loved it!
- 3 chicken schnitzels or chicken breasts pound to 1 cm even thickness
- Some salt, pepper, red chilli flakes, granulated onion, granulated garlic and chicken salt to season
- Oil for shallow frying
FOR DREDGING MIXTURE
- 1 cup flour
- Your favourite seasoning (I used thyme, oregano, salt and red chilli flakes)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tspn parsley/ chives/ green onion chopped fine
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- Some seasoning you like
- ½ cup flour
FOR MUSHROOM ALFREDO SAUCE
- 2 cups thick cream (ideal for pouring and cooking)
- 100 gms butter
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of granulated onion
- 1 pinch of granulated garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
-Let’s prepare our sauce first.
-In a saucepan melt some butter and sauté mushrooms. Season with salt garlic and onion and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add cream and bring it to simmer. Add parmesan cheese and let it cook on very low heat until the chicken is ready.
-Pat chicken fillets with paper towel and season with some salt and all other seasonings mentioned above. Leave it for 10 minutes.
-Meanwhile prepare you dredging mixture, coating and breadcrumbs in separate plates. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
-Now dredge your chicken in flour mixture, coat with some egg wash and coat well with breadcrumbs. Fry on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes per side depending on the size and thickness of your chicken fillet.
-Take it out onto your serving plate with some greens (salad) and top with Mushroom sauce.