One of my favo starter….. You can make it on your pizza and pasta party as an appetizer or as finger food on your weekend parties…….. it goes great with everythin and believe me your guests will love it ……
- 250 gms cream cheese ( a little bit colder than room temperature)
- 250 gms finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 – 4 fresh jalapenos (deseeded and chopped) (if using marinated or preserved jalapenos, keep them out in a strainer for about 1 hr before chopping and adding to your mix)
- 1 cup flour seasoned with some dried chives
- 2 beaten eggs
- Canola oil for deep frying
- 1 cup bread crumbs seasoned with some chicken salt
-With a spatula/ fork or masher cream the cream cheese.
-Mix cream cheese & cheddar cheese with diced jalapeno.
-Roll small spoonfuls of the mixture into balls and dredge in flour, then dip in either lightly beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs and fry in oil until golden brown.
-Take them out and serve.