My dinner on 04/06/2013……….. Everyone loved it!
- 3 chicken schnitzels or chicken breasts pound to 1 cm even thickness
- Some salt, pepper, red chilli flakes, granulated onion, granulated garlic and chicken salt to season
- Oil for shallow frying
FOR DREDGING MIXTURE
- 1 cup flour
- Your favourite seasoning (I used thyme, oregano, salt and red chilli flakes)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tspn parsley/ chives/ green onion chopped fine
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- Some seasoning you like
- ½ cup flour
FOR MUSHROOM ALFREDO SAUCE
- 2 cups thick cream (ideal for pouring and cooking)
- 100 gms butter
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of granulated onion
- 1 pinch of granulated garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
-Let’s prepare our sauce first.
-In a saucepan melt some butter and sauté mushrooms. Season with salt garlic and onion and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add cream and bring it to simmer. Add parmesan cheese and let it cook on very low heat until the chicken is ready.
-Pat chicken fillets with paper towel and season with some salt and all other seasonings mentioned above. Leave it for 10 minutes.
-Meanwhile prepare you dredging mixture, coating and breadcrumbs in separate plates. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
-Now dredge your chicken in flour mixture, coat with some egg wash and coat well with breadcrumbs. Fry on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes per side depending on the size and thickness of your chicken fillet.
-Take it out onto your serving plate with some greens (salad) and top with Mushroom sauce.
Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel with Mashed Potatoes is one of the fanciest, easiest, quickest and yummiest ideas for dinner. Your children will love it and you will be done with cooking in like 15 minutes ……
- 4 chicken schnitzels
- Some salt to season
- 1 ½ fine bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- Some chicken salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- Some chopped parsley (dried parsley)
FOR EGG DIP
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbspns mustard sauce OR Nandos lemon and herb peri peri
- 2 tbspns olive oil/ schnitzel
FOR MASHED POTATOES
- 4 hot potatoes (skin off) (boiled)
- 1 scoop of butter
- ¼ tspn chicken salt
Procedure for Mashed Potatoes:
Take a deep mixing bowl and a traditional masher. Put potatoes in the mixing bowl, add some chicken salt and butter. Mash and mix until it is lump free and creamy. Serve with baked chicken, Crumbed chicken or any other roast.
Procedure for Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel:
-Arrange your plates in order:
- Flour for dusting,
- Whisk eggs and lemon and herb/ mustard and pour it in a shallow wide plate,
- Mix all the ingredients given for crumbs and keep it aside in the 3rd plate.
-Heat oil on medium heat.
-Take one schnitzel, Season it with some salt and then dust with some plain flour. Pat to get rid of access flour.
-Dip it into the egg mixture (both sides).
-Coat it with crumbs and fry on low – medium heat for about 90 seconds/ side or until the crust is golden and crispy. Make sure the oil is not too hot otherwise your crust will be done but chicken will be raw from inside.
-Take it out on a plate and serve hot with a scoop of mashed potatoes.
-Do the same with other 3 schnitzels and easy and hassle free dinner is ready to serve.
It tastes awesome ……..
- 1 chicken schnitzel
- Some salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- ½ onion (thick slices)
- 1 tomato slice (fresh)
- ½ tomato (for grilling)
- A big fat slice of capsicum or red pepper
- ½ lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 potato (microwaved with 1 tbspn margarine)
- Some olive oil
-For steak, heat oil in a frying pan and fry the schnitzel. Flip it and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Again flip it and sprinkle some salt and pepper on the other side. Cook until it is done (juicy).
-Remove from the flame.
-Now heat some oil for veggies in the same pan and fry onion slices, tomato and capsicum until they give a caramelized look.
-Take them out on a plate and arrange them with some lime wedges and fresh tomato slice.
-Place the schnitzel on the top of it.
-Cut the microwaved potato in two parts and serve hot with this beautiful fresh steak.