Try it and tell me how you go with it ……
- 1 cup basmati rice (soaked for 4 hrs.)
- 2 litre full cream milk
- ½ cup sugar (brown/ raw/ white) ( I use 50% raw and 50% brown)
- 1 tin condensed milk
- ½ tspn crushed cardamom
- 1 tbspn kewra essence
- 250 gms. Khoya (250 gms full cream milk powder, mixed with 250 ml full cream, microwave for 1 minute, take out stir and again microwave for 2 minutes)
- 2 tbspns almonds
- 2 tbspns pistachios
-Put soaked rice in blender with ½ cup of milk and blend to paste.
-Warm milk to a simmer and add blended rice into it. Now stir constantly until the rice is cooked and milk is thick.
-Add sugar, condensed milk and cardamom. Mix.
-When it gets a little bit more thick add kewra essence, khoya, almonds and pistachios.
-Cook for 5 more minutes on constant stirring. Dish out. Cover with cling film in such a way that film touches the surface of the kheer. Refrigerate for 8 hrs.
-Take off the cling wrap, garnish with almonds, pistachios and khoya crumbs and serve.
People mostly don’t like chicken liver but believe me if you will make it with this recipe……. you are going to love it !!!!!!
- 1 kg chicken liver and heart and all other spare parts
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tbspn ginger and garlic paste
- Red chilli flakes
- ½ tspn turmeric powder
- 1 tspn garam masala
- ½ tspn coriander powder
- ½ tspn chaat masala
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 5 green chillies sliced
- 1 cup coriander chopped
-Cut liver, etc. in small pieces. Heat oil and fry garlic and ginger paste. Add liver and cook on medium heat for about 5 – 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
-Now add all the spices and tomatoes and mix. Stir fry on high heat until the tomatoes are cooked.
-Garnish with green chillies and coriander and serve hot.
My favorite way of making fried chicken wings ……..
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 tbspn chilli paste
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn onion powder
- Some chicken salt
- Some normal salt
- Some cracked black pepper
- A pinch of white pepper
- 4 tbspns vinegar
- 1 tspn powdered parmesan cheese (carefully adjust the quantity of chicken salt, salt and parmesan cheese as we don’t want too salty)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- Some salt and pepper (again be very careful with the quantity of salt)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Oil for frying
-Marinade chicken in all the ingredients given above for at least 6 hours. Now add one egg and mix again.
-In a shallow dish make your crumb mixture. You can add any herbs if you like, I added some of the masterfood pizza mix, you can add anything you like (parsley, chives, oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc.)
-Meanwhile heat the oil to 180 degrees Celsius.
-Now take one wing from the marinade and egg mixture, dredge in the coating mix and put it on a plate. Pile all the wings by following the same procedure.
-Fry in 2 – 3 batches (6 at a time) for 4 minutes or until crispy and brown.
-Serve hot with ketchup topped with grated parmesan cheese or ranch sauce or chilli aioli.
Very very tasty, smooth and lovely dessert …..
- 170 gms bittersweet/ semi sweet/ milk cooking chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbspns granulated sugar
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup full cream milk
- ½ tspn instant espresso powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- Some sweetened whipped cream
- Some cocoa powder
- Some grated chocolate
-In a large bowl, add the eggs and sugar and whisk it until it’s lovely pale color.
-In a small saucepan, add the cream, and milk and bring to a simmer.
-Add about ½ cup of the cream mixture to the egg mixture and whisk it in.
-Pour the egg mixture back in the same pot along with the instant espresso and salt.
-Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
-Meanwhile, place the chocolate in a large bowl and set aside.
-When the custard is ready, add the vanilla and stir it in. Pass the custard through a fine sieve into a large bowl over the chopped chocolate and allow it to sit untouched for about 3 minutes.
-Combine everything together so it’s all smooth. Divide the mixture between six serving cups and cover the top with plastic wrap and make sure the cling film touches the surface of the custard.
-Pop them in the fridge to set for minimum of 3 hours but overnight is best.
-Serve with dollops of freshly whipped cream and other things.
I love this flavor …….
- 2 tbspns tomato paste
- A drizzle of olive oil (on the edges of the pizza base)
- 2 tbspns smokey BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken chunks (chicken breast – cut into small chunks – marinade is salt, 1 tspn chaat masala and some red chilli flakes and stir fry in 1 tbspn of oil until tender and golden red)
- A handful/ ½ cup of shredded/ grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 150 gms thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small Red onion cut into small chunks
-Make pizza crust according to the recipe.
-Prepare in on the pizza pan and apply sauces and then sprinkle some cheddar cheese.
-Brush the edges with some olive oil. Spread the toppings, last layer of mozzarella cheese and bake in conventional preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for about 20 minutes.
-Take it out of the oven; let it rest for 5 mins, slice and serve.
If you are not in mood of just vegetables, add some mincemeat ……….
- 500 gms mincemeat
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbspn garlic and ginger, crushed
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- ½ cup oil
- 500 gms methi (fresh fenugreek leaves)
- 2 large potatoes , peeled and diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- 1 tspn turmeric powder
- 2 tbspns yogurt
- 1 tspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn garam masala powder
-Heat oil and fry onion and ginger garlic until its golden red. Add mincemeat and stir, break and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the mincemeat changes its colour.
-Add methi, potatoes and all the spices. Stir and cook until the water dries. Add tomatoes and yogurt and cook covered on medium heat for 20 minutes or until the oil hoose out.
-Serve hot with raita, salad and rotis.