Lite n Easy, simple sandwich recipe ……
- 250 gms diced chicken breasts (boiled in salt and pepper water)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- 1 cucumber (peeled and thinly chunked and sliced)
- 1 avocado (peeled and thinly chunked and sliced)
- Some salt and fresh cracked black pepper to season
- 10 white bread sandwich slices to make 5 sandwiches.
-Chop boiled chicken into small pieces (do not grind or make paste).
-In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, cream and salt and pepper and mix.
-Now add vegetables and chicken and again give it a mix.
-Spread it on bread slices and make sandwiches. Do not press the bread. With a sharp knife cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and serve at room temperature with tea or as a snack.
Fruit trifle is widely popular in Pakistan and around the globe. This is originally an English dessert which is made with custard and other fruit layering with some jam and cream. Its rich and should be consumed in moderation if you are on diet ….
- 1.5 litre Vanilla custard (smooth and runny)
- 1 instant jelly (make according to the manufacturer’s instructions and refrigerate for 40 minutes before using)
- 10 strawberries (big size) (1 whole, 9 sliced)
- Few pineapple pieces and slices
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 tbspns strawberry jam (whipped)
- 1 sponge sheet / unfilled sponge cake/ 1 plain cake
-In a deep glass (see through) trifle ball spread some custards and layer it with some sponge cake pieces, some jelly crystals, strawberry slices, pineapple chunks sliced bananas, ½ of the jam and some whipped cream.
-Now again repeat the same layerings until the item are finished.
-Your last layer should be custard.
-Sprinkle some left over fruit chunks and cake pieces on it and decorate it with some whipped cream, pineapple slice and whole strawberry.
-Refrigerate for 1 hr. and serve cold as a dessert.
Fish fry is another method to consume fish in Pakistan. people make it with different methods in different batters, but this is my favorite. Its desi, spicy and easy…..
- 6 fish fillets (basa/rohu/sole/snapper/hoki)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup besan (gram flour)
- Crushed red chilli
- ½ tspn turmeric
- ½ tspn garam masala
- 1 tspn ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbspn vinegar
- Some water
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
-Combine all the ingredients except water in a mixing bowl and mix well until the fish fillets are well coated. If you need, u can add a little amount of water, to make the batter moist and sticky.
-Keep aside for 30 mins.
-Heat oil in a wok and fry until the fillets are brown.
A flavorful snack dish, originally from Hong Kong but mostly referred as Chinese finger food. Do try this and impress your guests ….
- 200gms peeled, deveined prawns (raw)
- 1 tbspn corn flour
- Some salt
- Some paprika
- Some black pepper
- Some cracked chilli
- Some chopped Thai chilllies
- 2 tbspns parsley/ coriander
- 1 tspn sesame oil/ any other oil
- 1 tspn vinegar
- 3 white bread slices (without sides, cut into 4 triangles each)
- Oil for frying
-Chop off shrimp tails and dispose them off.
-Dice the prawns until it is almost a paste. Add all other ingredients except bread and mix well.
-Spread the shrimp paste of toasts.
-In a 3 quart pan, fill the pan up to 1/3 full with vegetable oil. Remember, when you are frying, you must not fill the pan more than half; otherwise, the oil will overflow during frying and trust me, that’s a very bad thing to have.
-The temperature is the key when frying. Using a candy thermometer, check to make sure the oil is heated up to 300 F. If you fry the toasts with oil that’s hotter than this, then they will burn. If you fry with oil that’s colder, then the toasts will be too greasy as they will soak up too much oil during frying.
-When the oil reaches 300 F, drop in the toasts. Try not to be greedy and fry only a few toasts at a time so they have room to “swim” around in the oil.
-Fry each toast for one minute or until golden brown.
-Take them out and serve hot with tartar sauce.
This will make 12 shrimp toasts.