Fruit trifle is widely popular in Pakistan and around the globe. This is originally an English dessert which is made with custard and other fruit layering with some jam and cream. Its rich and should be consumed in moderation if you are on diet ….
- 1.5 litre Vanilla custard (smooth and runny)
- 1 instant jelly (make according to the manufacturer’s instructions and refrigerate for 40 minutes before using)
- 10 strawberries (big size) (1 whole, 9 sliced)
- Few pineapple pieces and slices
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 tbspns strawberry jam (whipped)
- 1 sponge sheet / unfilled sponge cake/ 1 plain cake
-In a deep glass (see through) trifle ball spread some custards and layer it with some sponge cake pieces, some jelly crystals, strawberry slices, pineapple chunks sliced bananas, ½ of the jam and some whipped cream.
-Now again repeat the same layerings until the item are finished.
-Your last layer should be custard.
-Sprinkle some left over fruit chunks and cake pieces on it and decorate it with some whipped cream, pineapple slice and whole strawberry.
-Refrigerate for 1 hr. and serve cold as a dessert.