There are more than 10 ways to make hash browns depending in which part of the world you are eating. This is the most easy & authentic recipe for American diner style hash brown which complements anything you make for breakfast.
ALERT: It is highly addictive!
The buttery crispiness of potatoes is so irresistible!
- 2 potatoes (Russet/ Australia/ Ruby/ any potato of your choice)
- Some butter at room temperature
- Some cooking oil
- A generous pinch of salt
- Grate the potatoes and put the gratings in a sieve. Run cold water through until all the starch is gone and water runs clear. Turn off the tap.
- Keep the water draining for 10 minutes and then spread it on a clean and dry kitchen towel and pat dry the potato gratings. Put the potato back in a clean dry bowl.
- Heat the frying pan and melt some butter and oil. Take a handful of grated potatoes and place it in the oil and spread it even. With the flipping spoon give it a shape and let it cook for at least 5 minutes on medium heat or until the side is crispy. Flip it and season with some salt and let the other side cook for 5 – 8 minutes. Splash some oil on the sides to give it the extra crispiness.
- Take it out on the plate and serve with some poached eggs, mushrooms & smoked salmon or anything you like.
Fruit trifle is widely popular in Pakistan and around the globe. This is originally an English dessert which is made with custard and other fruit layering with some jam and cream. Its rich and should be consumed in moderation if you are on diet ….
- 1.5 litre Vanilla custard (smooth and runny)
- 1 instant jelly (make according to the manufacturer’s instructions and refrigerate for 40 minutes before using)
- 10 strawberries (big size) (1 whole, 9 sliced)
- Few pineapple pieces and slices
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 tbspns strawberry jam (whipped)
- 1 sponge sheet / unfilled sponge cake/ 1 plain cake
-In a deep glass (see through) trifle ball spread some custards and layer it with some sponge cake pieces, some jelly crystals, strawberry slices, pineapple chunks sliced bananas, ½ of the jam and some whipped cream.
-Now again repeat the same layerings until the item are finished.
-Your last layer should be custard.
-Sprinkle some left over fruit chunks and cake pieces on it and decorate it with some whipped cream, pineapple slice and whole strawberry.
-Refrigerate for 1 hr. and serve cold as a dessert.
English Breakfast is very Famous almost in every part of the world, do try this and let me know your remarks …
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- 1 Sausage (Chicken or Beef or Lamb)
- Some olive oil
- 2 white or bran bread slices
- Some butter
FOR CRISP BEEF:
- 2 Slices of Hunter Beef or corn Beef
- 1 canned white beans or kidney beans
- 2 tbspns yogurt
- 1 tspn olive oil
- Some salt and red pepper
-For eggs, Fry eggs in 2 tbspns of olive oil and keep them aside in a plate.
-Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grill sausage + Beef slices and drizzle with some olive oil. Grill them until they are done.
-Combine salt, pepper, yogurt and beans in a bowl and mix.
-Heat oil and add this bean mixture into it. Let it simmer on low heat For 2 minutes and then immediately scoop them in the plate.
-Lightly Toast bread slices and softly apply some butter on them. Place them with all the stuff and serve hot.
Tasty English Breakfast is ready to be served, Serve it with grilled tomato.
-Make sure you use Fine quality of beef.
This will serve 1 person.