Easy to make, easy to impress and yummy to eat….. Ideal for picnics, tea parties, Iftars, lunch boxes, snacks, etc.
- 1 whole sandwich bread (white or brown)
- 1 chicken breast
- Black pepper
- 1 tbspn soy sauce
- 1 tbspn hot sauce
- 1 cup water for boiling the chicken
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 2 green onions chopped
- ¼ tspn mustard powder
- 1 tbspn cracked black pepper
- ¼ tspn white pepper
- 1 tspn chicken salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use kraft foods)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 slices smoked cheddar cheese slices (processed cheese) (chopped)
- 1 cup cos lettuce chopped
- Boil the chicken breast with all the ingredients given for chicken. Let it cool down and shred.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for spread and mix in the chicken.
- If you want to you can trim off the sides of the bread and spread the chicken mixture on one slice, enclosing the sandwich with the other bread slice.
- Cut each sandwich into bite size squares or cocktail food size triangles and serve.
Mini Chicken sandwiches ideal for parties, Picnics and Tea time chit chats. Easy to make and yummy to eat……
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Splash of Any hot sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 scallions (green part, shopped)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Some salt
- ½ tspn garlic powder
- Some black pepper
- Some white pepper
- 2 loaves of white sandwich bread
- Some fancy lettuce
-For chicken put everything in a saucepan, cover it with the lid and boil the chicken until all the juices are dry.
-Take out the chicken on a plate and let it cool down for a bit. Now with hands or forks, shred the chicken but please don’t use the food processor as we want shredded chicken not ground chicken. Ground chicken tastes weird plus gives a weird texture to the sandwiches.
-Add all the ingredients given for spread to this shredded chicken and mix. Now you have got chicken spread.
-Divide the bread into sets of two slices. Spread this spread on one bread slice; put a piece of lettuce on it and then the other slice of bread on top. Cut the whole sandwich into 4 triangles. Do the same with other sets of bread.
-Arrange them onto a tray cover it with the plastic wrap and enjoy with your family and friends at the picnic spot.
Lite n Easy, simple sandwich recipe ……
- 250 gms diced chicken breasts (boiled in salt and pepper water)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- 1 cucumber (peeled and thinly chunked and sliced)
- 1 avocado (peeled and thinly chunked and sliced)
- Some salt and fresh cracked black pepper to season
- 10 white bread sandwich slices to make 5 sandwiches.
-Chop boiled chicken into small pieces (do not grind or make paste).
-In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, cream and salt and pepper and mix.
-Now add vegetables and chicken and again give it a mix.
-Spread it on bread slices and make sandwiches. Do not press the bread. With a sharp knife cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and serve at room temperature with tea or as a snack.