There are hundreds of recipes of Chicken burger but this my very basic yet fancy one with special sauce and caramelized onion. One of my family’s favorites…. ❤
FOR CHICKEN PATTIES
- 0.5 kg chicken mince meat
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn Cracked black pepper
- 1 tbspn mustard sauce
- 2 tbspns soy sauce
- 3 tbspns hot sauce
- 1 tspns garlic powder
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- 6 burger buns of your choice. I used the regular sesame seed roll
- 6 slices of processed sandwich cheese
- Some caramalised onions
- 6 to 12 tomato slices
- Fancy lettuce leaves
- ½ mayonnaise
- 5 to 6 tbspns chilli garlic sauce/ 3 tbpns hot sauce and 1 tspn garlic powder
- Lets make the patties first. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix gently. The egg should be just fold in. This will make the patties soft and juicy. Keep aside for 15 minutes meanwhile we prepare the rest.
- Apply some butter on both the sides of the bun or roll and grill it to give some color on the inside. I use griddle for this you can use any flat pan or stove grill.
- Combine the ingredients for sauce and cut tomato and onion into slices.
- Make 6 thick patties of the chicken mixture and grill them or shallow fry them for 5 mins per side. When you put the chicken patties put the onion as well. This will caramelise the onion while the patty is being cooked.
- Before taking the patty off the grill place a slice of cheese on it and let it melt a little.
- On grilled buns, put a dollop of the sauce on the crown (to part of the bun) and lettuce leaf on the heal (lower part of the bun).
- Place the patty on the lettuce, cheese side facing up.
- Put some grilled onion and tomato and cover with the crown
- Serve hot with chips.