Crispy Fillet burger is my very own recipe. It is a gourmet or premium style burger , packed with flavour and smoked hot sauce and the chicken has that crunch on the outside and tender on the inside with perfect seasoning. You can add salad or bacon to your burger if you want, I sometimes add avocado and beetroot but really its up to you, how you like your burger. So give it a try this weekend and enjoy!
- 4 sesame rolls/ buns
- Some softened butter
- 4 – 8 coral lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 coon cheese
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tbspn siracha
- 1 tspn smoked red chilli flakes
- A generous pinch of lemon and herb seasoning (available in supermarkets)
- 1 tspn mustard
FOR CRISPY FILLET
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into half, total 4 fillets)
- 1 tbspn hot sauce
- 1 tbspn vinegar
- 2 tbspns dark soy sauce
- Salt, pepper & chicken salt, red chilli powder (as desired)
- 1 tspn onion powder
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbspns corn flour
- 2 tbspns self rising flour
- Oil for deep frying
- For fillets, take each piece of chicken and put it in a zip lock bag. Pound with the meat hammer to flatten. Lay them on a straight dish, season with salt, pepper, red chilli powder, chicken salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Turn the sides and season the other side as well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine all the sauces and dip the marinated chicken into it. Add egg, corn flour and flour. Mix and keep in refrigerator for 1 hr.
- Meanwhile get everything ready. Combine all the ingredients for sauce in a small mixing bowl to use it later. You can change the sauce in you want. Any sauce of your choice will work.
- After an hour, heat oil in a pan or fryer to 190 degrees Celsius and fry chicken for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile the chicken is frying, butter the bun and toast it on griddle, apply sauce to the top and the bottom part, place lettuce and tomato on the top and cheese on the bottom and place the chicken fillet, right out of the fryer onto the cheese. Close your burger and serve hot with fries.