This is my very own creation. I love the combination of jalapenos and cream cheese, its one of my favorites. In this recipe the blistered crispy outside of jalapeno gives a very aromatic flavor and the chicken and cream cheese is very softly blended with that aroma. I cant explain it, to feel the full taste, you will have to try it 🙂
- 12 jalapenos
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg + 3 tbspns milk
- Oil for deep frying
- 250 gms cream cheese
- 1 tbspn seeds from jalapeno
- 1 tspn chicken salt
- 1 chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
- 2 sprigs of green onion (chopped)
- Wash and dry the jalapenos. Pick medium size jalapenos which are not bruised. Wear your kitchen gloves or food handling gloves to avoid burning afterwards. Make a slit on one side of the jalapeno with a paring knife and carefully, without tearing it take out all the seeds. Do this with all the jalapenos.
- In a mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, scallions, jalapeno seeds, chicken salt and chicken and mix well with a fork.
- Now open the slit of the jalapeno and fill it with the filling. (approx. 1 – 2 tbspns of filling per jalapeno)
- Roll the stuffed jalapeno in flour, dip it in egg wash and then coat it in bread crumbs and put it on a plate. Do the same with other jalapenos and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in the fryer (190 degrees Celsius) and fry jalapenos in batches without over lapping for 5 minutes per batch.
- Serve hot.