Kofta Skewers is a Turkish dish which is mild and prepared with moist beef mince, try this and make your day …
- ½ kg beef mincemeat (with lots of fat)
- 1 onion
- 2 red chillies (big ones)
- Some salt
- 2 spring onions
- 3 – 4 tbspns chopped mint
- 3 – 4 tbspns chopped parsley
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ tspn red chilli flaes
- Some olive oil (for glazing)
- 1tbspn tomato paste
- 1 tbspn yogurt
-Chop onion and red chilllies and add all other ingredients to it. Mix well and keep aside for 2 hours.
-On wooden or steel skewers thread a big amount of mincemeat on its one end and grill and on a preheated BBQ until it is well done.
-Now serve it on skewer in a plate with some greek salad and tzatziki dip.
Afghani tikka boti is one of the famous dishes of Afghanistan… Afghan Cuisine is mostly mild and aromatic, they do not use powdered masalas like red chilli powder, etc., thats why their food is mild and scented with natural and aromatic flavors …
- ½ kg boneless beef cubes (medium sized)
- Some tomato, onion and capsicum cubes (Optional)
- 1 cup green papaya paste (for tenderization)
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Some salt (to taste)
- 1 tbspn cracked black pepper
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes (Optional)
- Freshly crushed powder of spices (1 big cardamom, 1 small cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 medium sized cinnamon stick)
- 1 tbspn mint paste
- 1 tbspn chilli paste (green chilli)
- 1 tbspn coriander paste
- Some olive oil
- some cracked black pepper
-In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for marination and stir and mix. Now add beef chunks in it and keep aside (refrigerator) for 12 – 20 hours.
-Now thread the meat on the skewers and add vegetables it you want to but Afghans do not use it.
-Heat the BBQ on medium heat and grill the meat until it is well done.
-Now take it out in a plate and glaze with the mixture of black pepper and olive oil (or normal oil) and serve hot with mint coriander chutney (sauce).