Just a light version of Chicken parmigiana. I don’t like the thick chicken breast piece so I have used tenders, it makes the recipe lighter and more fun!
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- some salt
- some pepper
- some paprika
- some chicken salt
- some olive oil and softened butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- some Italian herbs (chopped fine)
- 1 cup flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 egg + 2 tbspns milk (whisked)
- 4 tbspns Napolitano sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup freshly shaved parmesan
- Some greens
- Some asparagus
- Or garden salad/ Greek salad
- Put chicken tenders in a zip lock bag and pound with a meat hammer until flat and thin.
- Season with some salt, pepper, chicken salt and paprika on both sides and keep aside.
- Meanwhile get your oven preheated on broiling mode at 200 degrees Celsius and get your crumbing station ready, 1. Seasoned flour in a flat dish, 2. Egg wash in a shallow dish and 3. Breadcrumbs.
- Now with the help of fork, take one tender, coat it in flour, shake off the excess, dip it in egg wash and then crumbs. Coat each and every naked bit of it and keep it on a tray.
- Do the same with rest of the tenders.
- Heat a frying pan and splash some olive oil and place the chicken tenders on the pan. 2.5 minutes per side. When you are about to change the side, add a small knob of butter. This will give a buttery flavour and extra crunch and color to the bread crumbs.
- Meanwhile, get your baking tray ready lined with parchment paper. Transfer the tenders to the baking tray, smear a tablespoon of Napoli sauce on each tender, then some fresh shaves of parmesan and then generous amount of freshly grated mozzarella.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with greens.