My favorite side BBQ dish, unlike Nandos I don’t like any peri peri sauce on it. I like it with light butter or as it is …..
- 4 sweet corn cobs
- Some butter to serve
-Preheat BBQ grill. Place the cobs on the grill on low to medium heat in a way that corn sits around the fire (not on the fire).
-When it starts changing its color or become deep yellow in color, roll the sides. When the cob is deep yellow from all the sides then put it on fire side and give it a nice colour (Do not burn).
-Serve with some butter on top.
I love this flavor …….
- 2 tbspns tomato paste
- A drizzle of olive oil (on the edges of the pizza base)
- 2 tbspns smokey BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken chunks (chicken breast – cut into small chunks – marinade is salt, 1 tspn chaat masala and some red chilli flakes and stir fry in 1 tbspn of oil until tender and golden red)
- A handful/ ½ cup of shredded/ grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 150 gms thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small Red onion cut into small chunks
-Make pizza crust according to the recipe.
-Prepare in on the pizza pan and apply sauces and then sprinkle some cheddar cheese.
-Brush the edges with some olive oil. Spread the toppings, last layer of mozzarella cheese and bake in conventional preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for about 20 minutes.
-Take it out of the oven; let it rest for 5 mins, slice and serve.
There are many recipes for BBQ chops but this is the desi version and home made version of BBQ chops which is tempered with coal. People who dont have coal BBQ grill at home can try this recipe and enjoy the taste of real BBQ at home. Try this and love this recipe ….
- 1 kg mutton chops (cutlets)
- 4 tbspns yogurt
- ½ cup vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbspn crushed ginger
- 4 tbspns oil
- 1 green chilli crushed
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper
- 1 tspn red chilli flakes
- ½ tspn carom seeds
1 tbspn GARAM MASALA
- 2 big cardamoms
- 2 pieces of cinnamon
- ½ tspn cumin seeds
- 4 cloves
Combine all the ingredients given for garam masala in a spice grinder and grind to a coarse powder.
- 1 piece coal
- Some oil
- 2 x 2 aluminum foil
-Marinade meat in garam masala, yogurt, and all other spices and vinegar for 8 hours.
-Heat oil and fry ginger, garlic and green chilli paste in it. Now add the marinated meat and let it cook on low heat for about an hour or when the meat is tender. It will not burn or stick to the bottom if you don’t cook it on low heat and use nonstick pan.
-Now on high heat stir fry it until the chops are red and gives a roasted look.
-Heat the charcoal until its white. Place the foil on the top of roasted chops, pace the coal on it with the help of tongs and then drizzle some oil on it and cover it with the lid.
-After 10 minutes remove the coal and serve hot with naan, salad and raita.
Kofta Skewers is a Turkish dish which is mild and prepared with moist beef mince, try this and make your day …
- ½ kg beef mincemeat (with lots of fat)
- 1 onion
- 2 red chillies (big ones)
- Some salt
- 2 spring onions
- 3 – 4 tbspns chopped mint
- 3 – 4 tbspns chopped parsley
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ tspn red chilli flaes
- Some olive oil (for glazing)
- 1tbspn tomato paste
- 1 tbspn yogurt
-Chop onion and red chilllies and add all other ingredients to it. Mix well and keep aside for 2 hours.
-On wooden or steel skewers thread a big amount of mincemeat on its one end and grill and on a preheated BBQ until it is well done.
-Now serve it on skewer in a plate with some greek salad and tzatziki dip.
Afghani tikka boti is one of the famous dishes of Afghanistan… Afghan Cuisine is mostly mild and aromatic, they do not use powdered masalas like red chilli powder, etc., thats why their food is mild and scented with natural and aromatic flavors …
- ½ kg boneless beef cubes (medium sized)
- Some tomato, onion and capsicum cubes (Optional)
- 1 cup green papaya paste (for tenderization)
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Some salt (to taste)
- 1 tbspn cracked black pepper
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes (Optional)
- Freshly crushed powder of spices (1 big cardamom, 1 small cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 medium sized cinnamon stick)
- 1 tbspn mint paste
- 1 tbspn chilli paste (green chilli)
- 1 tbspn coriander paste
- Some olive oil
- some cracked black pepper
-In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for marination and stir and mix. Now add beef chunks in it and keep aside (refrigerator) for 12 – 20 hours.
-Now thread the meat on the skewers and add vegetables it you want to but Afghans do not use it.
-Heat the BBQ on medium heat and grill the meat until it is well done.
-Now take it out in a plate and glaze with the mixture of black pepper and olive oil (or normal oil) and serve hot with mint coriander chutney (sauce).
Chicken Barbecue Pizza is a very aromatic pizza, very juicy and very tangy, try it and love it …
- Some barbecued chicken
- One thin crust pizza dough
- Some pizza topper
- ½ capsicum sliced thinly
- 1 onion thinly sliced in rings
- ½ tomato sliced thinly
- ¼ to ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of grated parmesan cheese
- 4 – 6 tbspns pizza sauce
- 2 tbspn olive oil
-Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
-Prepare a pizza crust, apply some olive oil on edges and then spread some pizza sauce on it. Sprinkle all the cheese and then place chicken and all the other vegetables on it.
-Top it with some pizza topper and bake For 15 minutes or until its golden or hot red.
-Slice and serve.
Tasty and lovely chicken barbecue pizza is ready to be served.
-Preheat oven 30 minutes before baking.
This will serve 2 – 4 persons easily.