When you are sick of eating meat everyday, have a green day…. Its super easy, super fast and high of flavour ❤
- 1 cauliflower (heads)
- 1 cup peas
- 2 carrots (peeled, sliced or diced)
- 2 capsicums (cut into cubes)
- 3 potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbspn heapful of crushed ginger
- 2 green chillies chopped + 2 green chillies whole
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbspn ghee or butter
- 1 tspn kasuri methi/ dried feugreek leaves
- 1 tspn garam masala
- 1 tbspn coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tspn red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tspn red chilli powder
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- Wash, peel and cut all the vegetables according to the instructions given.
- Put peas in 1 cup of boiling water and keep aside until needed.
- Mix all the spices except garam masala, black pepper and feugreek leaves in a bowl
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion. Add ginger when the onion is translucent. Fry until everything is golden brown. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes lose the stiffness. Add a splash of boiling water and stir.
- Add potatoes and mix. Simmer on medium flame for 5 minutes, adding splash of boiling water whenever needed. Add rest of the water and cover the pot. Cook for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Now add carrots, cauliflower and peas along with the spice mix and stir. Cook for 5 minutes and then cover and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add capsicum and let it cook on low heat. Meanwhile melt some butter or ghee in a frying pan and fry fenugreek leaves, garam masala and black pepper for 30 seconds. Add this mixture to the vegetables, add some coriander leaves and green chillies, give it a final stir and take it out in the serving dish.
- Garnish with the left over coriander and green chillies and serve hot with home made rotis.