Chicken salad filled croissants is a beautiful addition to your tea table or Iftar table or any potluck. It is gourmet style yet easy crowd pleaser which will make you look like pro chef 😀
- 12 mini croissants/ 6 large croissants
- Few rocket leaves/ coral lettuce leaves (if rocket leaves are not available)
- 2 chicken breasts, large size
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper, a generous pinch
- Red chilli flakes, a generous pinch
- ¼ tspn mustard powder/ 2 tbspns Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
FOR CHICKEN SALAD
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- A pinch of icing sugar
- A generous pinch of cracked black pepper
- ¼ tspn mustard powder
- 1 tspn hot English mustard
- A generous pinch of table salt
- Few green sprigs of spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbspns chopped celery stalks
- 2 tbspns chopped cucumber
- Wash, clean and pat dry chicken breasts. Thaw them with meat hammer until they are 1.5 cm in thickness.
- Mix everything given for chicken in a bowl and marinate chicken for good 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a grill pan, brush some butter and grill chicken breasts for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from the grill and let it cool.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, mix all the sauces and spices with a whisk. Mix in the veggies.
- Shred/ cut the grilled chicken and add it to the mixture.
- Cut the croissants from the middle lengthways to fill in the filling but not till the end.
- Stuff in a rocket leaf and 1.5 tbspns of chicken mixture (in mini croissant) or 2 rocket leaves and 3 tbspns of chicken mixture (in large croissant) in each croissant.
- Arrange all the croissants on a platter and serve.