This recipe for chicken pakora is desi flavored infused and it is my very own recipe. It is just like normal pakoras but made with chicken and with a different technique and some extra ingredients. When I made it last year in an Iftar party, my guests loved it; the chicken was flavorsome, tender and juicy.
- 1.5 kilo chicken, cut into small pieces, tikka cut with bones
- 1 tbspn ginger garlic & green chilli paste
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- 1 tbspn vinegar
- Salt to taste
- ½ tspn black pepper
- ½ tspn chicken powder
- 1 tbspn cracked coriander seeds
- A generous pinch of carom seeds
- 1 tspn roasted crushed cumin seeds
- A generous pinch of kasuri methi (crushed between palms)
- ½ tspn garam masala powder
- 1 tbspn crushed anar dana (pomegranate seeds)
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes & powder
- A pinch of yellow food color
- 4 tbspns besan, chickpea flour
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1 tspn levelled corn flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tspn yogurt
- Oil for deep frying (2 cups vegetable + 2 cup mustard oil)
- In a mixing bowl, marinate chicken in salt, red chilli powder & flakes, lemon juice, ginger garlic & green chilli paste, vinegar, chicken powder, black pepper, carom seeds, cumin, food color & garam masala and keep aside for 40 to 50 minutes at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients (except oil) and add it to the marinated chicken. Mix and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix and heat both the oils to 180 degrees Celsius and fry chicken pieces in batches for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with mint sauce, imli sauce & ketchup.