My top favourite dish in Pakistani – Chinese cuisine….. something I eat at least once a week when I am in Pakistan and crave almost everyday when I am in Australia. So just to satisfy that craving in a land where no one knows how to make it, here I am who has mastered this unique recipe after several trials 🙂
- 1 large size chicken breast (cut into paper strips)
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- 4 tbspns oil
- 3 tbspns corn flour
- Salt & pepper
- A generous pinch of red chilli flakes
- A generous pinch of garlic powder (about ½ tspn heap full)
- A generous pinch of ginger powder (about ½ tspn heap full)
- A generous pinch of chicken salt
- 4 tbspns dark soy sauce
- FOR STIR FRY
- 2 tbspns sesame oil + 4 tbspns cooking oil
- 4 – 5 large green chillies (seeds removed & cut into julienne)
- 1 tbspn ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbspns oyster sauce
- A splash of hot sauce/ chilli sauce
- Combine everything given for chicken in a mixing bowl and mix. Keep aside for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat some oil in a pan for shallow frying. Fry chicken pieces in batches for 3 – 5 minutes per batch until the chicken is golden. (medium heat)
- Once all the chicken is done, keep it aside until needed.
- Heat some oil & sesame oil in a wok and sauté ginger garlic paste. Increase the heat to high and add ginger julienne and fry further for 2 minutes and then add green chillies. Stir fry and add oyster sauce.
- Add fried chicken pieces, stir and coat the chicken in the sauce and dish out on to your platter with rice.