My variation of Egg n Cheese croissant, a perfect combo for winter mornings…..
- 4 all butter croissants
- 4 eggs + 4 tbspns cooking cream
- Some room temperature butter
- 8 cheese slices (I use Devondale processed)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I use Heinz, it is the best)
- Some salt & pepper
- Cut the croissants from the middle horizontally and get them ready to toast.
- Cut each cheese slice in 4 triangles.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with salt, pepper & cream and make 4 small omelettes in butter. The cream and the whisking will make it fluffy with folds.
- Apply some mayo inside the slit of toasted croissants and lay a layer of cheese, then omelette and then another layer of cheese. (2 slices of cheese per croissant)
- Serve hot with steamy hot chocolate or coffee.