Easy and light snack for your tea parties or another exciting crowd pleaser for your next party ❤
- 4 large size potatoes, boiled & peeled
- 1 small size chicken breast, boneless (boiled in 1 cup water, a pinch of salt, a generous pinch of black pepper, 2 tbspns soy sauce, 1 tbspn hot sauce & a generous pinch of chicken salt)
- A block of cheddar cheese (cut into small cubes or slices) You can use sliced processed cheese as well
- 3 – 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbspns fresh chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbspn finely chopped mint leaves (optional) (sometimes I feel like it sometimes no)
- Salt to taste
- A generous pinch of chicken salt
- ¼ tspn mustard powder
- ½ tspn chilli flakes
- ½ tspn cracked black pepper
- 1 cup flour seasoned with some salt & pepper
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 tbspns full cream milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel the boiled potatoes while they are hot and add all the seasonings and mash.
- Shred the boiled chicken with hands or electric beater (pro tip) for hassle free and smooth shredding.
- Add the chicken, green chillies, coriander & mint (optional) to the mashed potatoes and mix until the mixture is uniform.
- Now take a small portion of this mixture and make a round or oval shaped ball with cheese pressed in the middle. Dust it in the flour given for coating, roll it in the egg mixture and then coat it with the breadcrumbs and keep aside.
- Do the same with the remaining potato mixture. Refrigerate the balls for 2 hours.
- Heat oil to 180 degrees Celsius for deep frying and fry the balls in batches until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.