Shahi Khoya Firni/ Shahi Mawa Firni is my favourite dessert. If you know me, I dont drink milk but I can definitely eat milk in this form 😀
- 2 litre full cream milk
- 1 cup rice flour (mixed with 2 cups lukewarm milk)
- 1 tbspn cardamom powder
- 1.5 cups raw sugar
- Few drops of kewra
- 1 cup crumbled khoya (2 cups full fat powder milk, 1 cup full cream, 1 tbspn sugar and a pinch of cardamom powder mixed and microwaved for 4 minutes. Cool down for 10 minutes and crumble with hands)
- Almonds and pistachios for garnishing
- 1 chandi ka warq (silver edible foil)
- Make khoya according to the instructions given above.
- Mix rice flour, cardamom powder and kewra with milk. Avoid lumps and keep aside until needed.
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed, non-stick pot and add sugar. Stir well.
- Give milk and rice flour mixture a stir before adding in the milk and then add to the milk with constant stirring.
- Cook on low medium heat with frequent stirring until the milk gets to a thick paste consistency. Add half of the khoya, give a gentle last stir and remove from flame.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes in the pot.
- Transfer into the serving dish, cover it with a cling wrap with wrap touching the firni to avoid the film that comes of the milk dishes. Refrigerate for atleast 4 hours.
- Take off the wrap, tidy up the dish and garnish with the left over khoya, nuts and chandi ka warq.