White mutton pulao is my recipe for my twin nephews. They love the boti in it ❤
- 3 cups Basmati rice (soaked 30 mins before use)
- 1 kilo mutton with bone (ideal is chops)
- 1.5 large brown onion (sliced thinly)
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed roughly)
- 1 tspn ginger paste
- 1 tspn garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- 4 cloves
- 1 tspn coriander seeds
- 2 large cinnamon sticks
- 2 small cardamoms (lightly smashed)
- 5 to 6 peppercorns
- A small piece of mace and nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn cumin seeds
- ¼ cup oil & 2 tbspns full of ghee
- In a pot put mutton, 1 litre water, half of the onion, green chillies, smashed garlic, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, coriander, mace, nutmeg and cardamom and cook until mutton is 100% done. Strain the mutton and take out all the whole spices from it and keep the stock aside.
- In a separate thick bottomed pot, heat oil and ghee and add rest of the onions and fry until they are golden. Now add ginger and garlic paste and fry for further 1 minute.
- Add mutton and fry for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add 6 cups of stock and bring it to a boil. Now add soaked rice in the stock and cook until very less water remains. Cook on low heat with the lid on for 10 mins or until all the water evaporates.
- Take off the lid and move the rice a bit. Keep it open for sometime and the serve hot.