Besani aloo katli is my very own created favourite snack and Ramadan product. Spicy batter dipped potato slices gives the real satisfaction of chat pata snack. Try this chat pati recipe and enjoy!
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and cut into ½ cm thick slices) (soaked in ice cold water)
- 2.5 cups besan
- 1 cup luke warm water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn crushed red chillies
- 1 tspn Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 tbspns roasted crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tbspn cracked coriander seeds
- 3 tbspns very finely chopped green coriander
- 3 tbspns very finely chopped green chillies
- 3 tbspns very finely chopped fresh spinach
- A generous pinch of garam masala
- A generous pinch of kasuri methi
- 1 tbspn roasted and crushed anar dana
- 2 tbspns rice flour
- Oil for deep frying
- A pinch of chaat masala to sprinkle
- Take out the potato slices from chilled water, pat dry with a paper towel and sprinkle some salt and Kashmiri red chilli powder on it. Keep aside for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare the batter and put the oil on low flame so it is preheated when we need to fry.
- Add all the spices, herbs and veggies in the potatoes, mix and add rice flour and besan. Mix and add some lukewarm water to make a medium consistency paste. Adjust salt and chilli according to your taste.
- Bring oil to medium – high hot and fry each potato slice coated nicely in batter, individually in batches until golden brown.
- Take out on a wire rack to keep the batter crisp. Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve with mint sauce or ketchup.