Shahi Khoya Firni/ Shahi Mawa Firni is my favourite dessert. If you know me, I dont drink milk but I can definitely eat milk in this form 😀
- 2 litre full cream milk
- 1 cup rice flour (mixed with 2 cups lukewarm milk)
- 1 tbspn cardamom powder
- 1.5 cups raw sugar
- Few drops of kewra
- 1 cup crumbled khoya (2 cups full fat powder milk, 1 cup full cream, 1 tbspn sugar and a pinch of cardamom powder mixed and microwaved for 4 minutes. Cool down for 10 minutes and crumble with hands)
- Almonds and pistachios for garnishing
- 1 chandi ka warq (silver edible foil)
- Make khoya according to the instructions given above.
- Mix rice flour, cardamom powder and kewra with milk. Avoid lumps and keep aside until needed.
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed, non-stick pot and add sugar. Stir well.
- Give milk and rice flour mixture a stir before adding in the milk and then add to the milk with constant stirring.
- Cook on low medium heat with frequent stirring until the milk gets to a thick paste consistency. Add half of the khoya, give a gentle last stir and remove from flame.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes in the pot.
- Transfer into the serving dish, cover it with a cling wrap with wrap touching the firni to avoid the film that comes of the milk dishes. Refrigerate for atleast 4 hours.
- Take off the wrap, tidy up the dish and garnish with the left over khoya, nuts and chandi ka warq.
Strawberry Pudding is one of my favourite desserts, its very exotic and it drives me crazy when served chilled with some good strawberries and whipped cream. Do try this and let me know your remarks …
FOR STRAWBERRY SYRUP
- 3 small size strawberries (chopped)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- Few drops of strawberry essence
- Single drop of rose pink food colour
- 500 ml milk (2 small cups)
- 50 gm sugar (¼ – ½ cup)
- 3 eggs
-Heat water in a saucepan and add chopped strawberries and sugar. Mix and mash to make syrup.
-Pour this syrup into a baking dish.
-Crack three eggs in a bowl and add sugar. Whisk and add colour + essence. Add milk and whisk again. Pass this mixture through a strainer and pour it into the baking dish over the strawberry syrup.
-Take another oven safe dish (baking tray) that is bigger than the first one.
-Fill its ¼ with water and then place the other dish in it.
-Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place this whole demonstration on the middle rack and bake for about 45 minutes.
-Take it out and Run a knife through its edges and take it out in a plate.
-Serve chilled as dessert.
Gorgeous strawberry pudding is ready to serve. Decorate with some strawberries and serve.
-Use oven safe dishes.
-You can make this is the broiler.
-You can carry out the process of whisking in a kitchen mixture too.
This will serve 4 – 6 persons easily.