Mango Trifle is my very own recipe to celebrate Summer and the king of Fruits “MANGO” ❤
- 1.5 ltr. Full cream milk (1 cup reserved)
- 4 tbspns mango custard powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 unfilled sponge
- ½ cup mango nectar
- 2 cups mangoes (diced)
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 mango jello (set)
- 2 mangoes cut into cubes or thin slices
- 1 cup whipped cream
- For custard I use Rafhan (Pakistani brand) custard powder in mango flavor. Boil 1 cup less 1.5 litre milk in a non-stick pan. Dissolve custard powder in that reserved one cup of milk and gradually add it to the boiling milk with gentle constant stirring followed by sugar.
- Cook on low heat until it is thick and sugar is dissolved. Keep aside to bring it to room temperature.
- Meanwhile cut the fruit, whip the cream and set the jello.
- In your trifle bowl put two big spoonsful of custard and then one sheet of unfilled sponge. Now damp the sponge with mango nectar using a pastry brush. Then a layer of custard, cut up mangoes, diced jello, whipped cream and then another layer of unfilled sponge.
- Damp that layer of sponge with mango nectar as well and then a final layer of custard.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until everything is set.
- Now whip some cream to stiff peaks and cut some mango to decorate the top pf trifle.
- Decorate as you like and chill for another hour if you have to otherwise serve.