My very own creation ❤
Loved by me
Loved by others
A hit on the table 🙂
- 1 large chocolate swiss roll (available at Coles) or Unfilled Chocolate sponge sheet
- 1 litre thick chocolate custard (I use St. Pauls, but you can make it from scratch if you like so)
- 1 175gm original oreo pack (crushed)
- 600 ml chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup vanilla custard
- 2 cups mini oreos to decorate
- Prepare everything before layering
- Crush the oreos in the food processor or by bashing them in a zip lock bag with the rolling pin.
- Whip the cream. Make sure its super chilled before you whip it.
- Cut the swiss roll in 1 inch thick slices.
- In a deep clear serving bowl (trifle bowl), lay a thick layer of chocolate custard, then swiss roll slices, vanilla custard, half of the whipped cream, crushed oreos, rest of the cake and rest of the chocolate custard. Let it set for 5 minutes and then lay a final layer of whipped cream and decorate with some mini oreos.
- Let it cool and set for 6 hours or more in the fridge and serve.
Oreo Cheesecake….. everyone’s favorite!
- 250g plain chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) hot water
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (110g) CASTER sugar
- 180g white chocolate, melted, cooled
- 150g cream-filled chocolate biscuits, broken
- Some extra oreo cookies to decorate
-Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform pan.
-Process plain chocolate biscuits until fine. Transfer biscuit crumbs to a medium bowl, stir in melted butter. Press biscuit mixture evenly over the base and halfway up the side of the prepared pan. REFRIGERATE while preparing the filling.
-Sprinkle gelatine over the hot water and Stir until the gelatine dissolves; cool for 5 minutes.
-Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the cream, vanilla and sugar until combined. Add the gelatine mixture, beat until just combined. Fold in the cooled white chocolate, then gently fold in the cream-filled biscuits. Pour into the biscuit base in the pan. Refrigerate overnight.
-Decorate and serve.