Paneer Pakora is a famous vegetarian Punjabi street food in India. Cubes of Indian Cheese (Paneer) coated in crispy, spicy gram flour batter makes everyone drooling. Its yum!!!!
- Paneer 1 kilo (cut into cubes)
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups besan/ gram flour
- 3 tbspns chopped fresh mint
- 2 large green chillies chopped
- 3 tbspns green coriander chopped
- 2 tbspns coriander seeds
- 1 tsp zeera/ cumin seeds
- Water to make medium consistency batter
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn red chilli flakes
- 1 tbspn anardana/ pomegranate seeds roughly ground
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for batter and add water to make a medium consistency batter.
- Add paneer cubes and coat each cube with the batter. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile heat the oil in the fryer.
- Now drop each battered cube separately in hot oil and fry until it is golden brown and crispy.
- Take our the pakoras and serve hot with mint chutney or tamarind sauce or both.