My recipe ……
- 2 x 375g packets of boiled chow mein noodles (I got it from my local Asian grocery store, if you don’t have any Asian grocery store then you can ask your local store for chow mien noodles and boil it as per instructions given on the packet)
- 2 carrots julienne
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 ½ cups sliced green onion
- 1 capsicum sliced (Optional)
- Black pepper
- 1 tbspns soy sauce
- 1 tbspn oyster sauce
- 1 cup oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tbspns hot sauce/ chilli sauce
- 2 tbspns dark soy sauce
- 3 tbspns oyster sauce
- ½ tspn white pepper
- 1 tspn ajinomoto
-Marinate chicken for 30 minutes.
-Prepare noodles as per the instructions given on the packet.
-Heat ½ cup of oil and fry onion until its golden. Add marinated chicken and fry until its white. Do not dry the sauce.
-Take it out in bowl with the sauce.
-In same pan, heat rest of the oil and add all the vegetables except the green onion.
-Sauté on high heat for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add boiled noodles and mix. Add chicken with all the juices and cook. Add soy sauce, green onion and oyster sauce. Mix well and when the gravy is dry and the noodles look good, serve.